Vinyl Me Please Anthology

In the VMP discord Q&A they said there’d be Dorothy Ashby in an upcoming Anthology (correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think she ever did anything with Impulse).

They also said they’re working on at least one hip hop anthology, but it probably won’t be out until 2024.
I double checked and didn’t see anything that she did with Impulse. Maybe they’re working on a Chess/Cadet box set? That could be interesting

In the VMP discord Q&A they said there’d be Dorothy Ashby in an upcoming Anthology (correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think she ever did anything with Impulse).

They also said they’re working on at least one hip hop anthology, but it probably won’t be out until 2024.
Interesting...so we know there's one John Coltrane, one Alice Coltrane, one Pharoah Sanders in Impulse so far... judging the one or two albums Ashby was on on Impulse, guessing you're right that it's not the Impulse anthology that he's talking about. I feel like Storf has been wanting to do a Chess/Cadet box for forever so that's my guess too. Here's the quesiton/answer from discord for those wondering.

35. Are we ever getting Afro Harping? Bacchanal? RKS Exclusives please When are we getting a Hip Hop Anthology dammit Why No Nas? More Ashby coming in an Anthology. 2024 probably for HH Anthology, working on at least one.

I would bet they'd just skip Chess and do only the Cadet sublabel for an anthology. Most of the Chess catalog is rumored to be toast from the Universal fire anyhow.

The Comedy Store Anthology drops next Thursday per an email from VMP.

"Get ready to invite the sounds of joy, laughter, and revelry onto your turntable and into your home. These anniversary shows feature many comedians you know and love, including: Paul Rodriguez, Jimmie Walker, Robin Williams, Sandra Bernhard, Howie Mandel, Louie Anderson, David Letterman, Arsenio Hall, Richard Pryor, Pauly Shore, Bob Saget, Iliza Schlesinger, Argus Hamilton, Whitney Cummings and many more.

Launching Thursday 10/13 at 12pm MT.
😆
"

The Comedy Store Anthology drops next Thursday per an email from VMP.

"Get ready to invite the sounds of joy, laughter, and revelry onto your turntable and into your home. These anniversary shows feature many comedians you know and love, including: Paul Rodriguez, Jimmie Walker, Robin Williams, Sandra Bernhard, Howie Mandel, Louie Anderson, David Letterman, Arsenio Hall, Richard Pryor, Pauly Shore, Bob Saget, Iliza Schlesinger, Argus Hamilton, Whitney Cummings and many more.

Launching Thursday 10/13 at 12pm MT.
😆
"
I said it before but that must of taken hundreds of hours to find enough material that is not racist, mysogynistic or homophobic to make 6lps

Back