Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Gotta think it won't be terribly long before they stop paying the duty for INT'L ROTMs. Not particularly surprised about any of this.

they'll really start to bleed international customers if they do. the shipping is a huge draw for non-US customers, why even fucking bother if that's going to spike.

Gotta think it won't be terribly long before they stop paying the duty for INT'L ROTMs. Not particularly surprised about any of this.

they'll really start to bleed international customers if they do. the shipping is a huge draw for non-US customers, why even fucking bother if that's going to spike.
I would be one that dropped it instantly if this happened.

VMP's draw as an international used to be that they were cheaper to begin with (especially in the days on the non-exclusives and equipment). Then they upped the prices but the lack of shipping costs still made them cheaper most the time. The pricing is now at the high end so add shipping in there and its just not worth it.

Yeah, if they start doing customs I for one can confirm I'm absolutely not going to continue with my membership now, or in the future.
It's already pushing the limits of what I'd be willing to spend on any album...add duties on top of that there's no possible way I can justify it.

Yeah, if they start doing customs I for one can confirm I'm absolutely not going to continue with my membership now, or in the future.
It's already pushing the limits of what I'd be willing to spend on any album...add duties on top of that there's no possible way I can justify it.
Hopefully they make it explicit on the Anthology sign-up page instead of doing the usual of emailing something out a week before the box is going to ship

Hopefully they make it explicit on the Anthology sign-up page instead of doing the usual of emailing something out a week before the box is going to ship
I believe they've updated their descriptions to state that international orders on anthologies are subject to duties.

Yeah I mean on the face of it I have no real issues with a company not paying international duty. Almost none do. But it's the fact that they change their policies AFTER everyone has paid and right as items are being shipped out. Like seriously with this? Again? Just wait until the next anthology to make this change instead of screwing over your international customers with massive unexpected fees. I don't get who makes these decisions. I guarantee you it ain't Pauly, who has to deal with the blowback from them all.

Yeah I mean on the face of it I have no real issues with a company not paying international duty. Almost none do. But it's the fact that they change their policies AFTER everyone has paid and right as items are being shipped out. Like seriously with this? Again? Just wait until the next anthology to make this change instead of screwing over your international customers with massive unexpected fees. I don't get who makes these decisions. I guarantee you it ain't Pauly, who has to deal with the blowback from them all.
I’m a US customer but do hate this for international ones. If I’d ordered and had to pay duties, I’d tell them how much I paid and ask for it back somehow. The $40 credit isn’t enough, especially if you’re paying more than that once it arrives.

Speaking of, I just had a seller cancel and refund a sale because the cheapest shipping from Canadia to USizstan Florida he could manage was 70 CAD unless he used a thin mailer that he felt wouldn't protect the record.

Fuck, I hate international shipping bullshit

Speaking of, I just had a seller cancel and refund a sale because the cheapest shipping from Canadia to USizstan Florida he could manage was 70 CAD unless he used a thin mailer that he felt wouldn't protect the record.

I mean, unless he was trying to mail it in a lead box, or ultra express, I'm gonna call bullshit on this one.

Unless something has changed with Canada Post in the last two months I should be able to get you a 2LP gatefold wrapped in bubblewrap with couple of cardboard inserts in a standard sized whiplash mailer, or similar, with tracking for 23 to 27 Canadian Loonies, give or take.

Ummmmm, what was he sending?

Back