Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Let us know when you're ready for live show recs ;)

Man, this is just the best. I had pneumonia a couple of years ago and like, thinking hard was exhausting work, so I put this on the laptop with some headphones and draped one of the dogs over my leg and I don't know if you've ever pounded like 12 straight hours of live grateful dead, but let me tell you, it can be very healing. Cow Palace new year's eve 76 is my rec, I think there's a legit CD release not sure though. I woulc concur that 77 is a golden year for them (cornell 5/8/77 is the go-to obvs but 5/9 just got released, with good reason), 74 shows are damn, damn good though.

I think one of my favorite things about live dead is that it's so far off from studio dead -- not just in attitude and quality and how they play -- an album by necessity will not have space/drums or hour-long "playing with the band" -- but the songs themselves. If all you listen to is studio Dead, you'd never know Bird Song was such a regular part of their live shows, or Bob's cowboy songs etc

Looks like the Dead set finally sold out (on VMPs site at least, still at Acoustic Sounds)
Wonder if they took a wholesale hit.

That aside its a fantastic box. The lps that I have which are issue free sound phenomenal so looking forward to completing a clean set.

On that note. Has anyone received their replacements yet? Still no shipping notice on mine

Waitlist on VMP. Would they make a to order batch if they get enough people on the list?

Also, if you were to order through AS, how would you go about replacing defective lps?

Waitlist on VMP. Would they make a to order batch if they get enough people on the list?

Also, if you were to order through AS, how would you go about replacing defective lps?
If you want my honest opinion I'd email VMP and see if they have one under a bed somewhere. I'm honestly trying to stay balanced here and present the set honestly and I think the price is right enough for it as a whole. When it is good it's amazing. But @Mather , @greeny400 and myself have identical issues. Some is poppy, clicky shit but all three of us have no fill on the same albums and distortion on the same entire album so there are obviously issues. The other two are using pretty picky carts by the sounds of it and I've an equally picky microline so it may be that an elliptical or MI may mask them but on this occasion VMP's exchange philosophy has taken the stress out of it for me. They've been great. Few sound samples sent across and instant agreement to swap over all affected lps. I'm not sure that a $450 risk on a third party would feel the safe route given the experience the three of us have had.

By the way, also worth looking at some of the stellar reviews of the box online as my experience definitely is representative of the whole. We're definitely the minority here but still. It's a shit ton of money when there are a few questionable quality moments

If you want my honest opinion I'd email VMP and see if they have one under a bed somewhere. I'm honestly trying to stay balanced here and present the set honestly and I think the price is right enough for it as a whole. When it is good it's amazing. But @Mather , @greeny400 and myself have identical issues. Some is poppy, clicky shit but all three of us have no fill on the same albums and distortion on the same entire album so there are obviously issues. The other two are using pretty picky carts by the sounds of it and I've an equally picky microline so it may be that an elliptical or MI may mask them but on this occasion VMP's exchange philosophy has taken the stress out of it for me. They've been great. Few sound samples sent across and instant agreement to swap over all affected lps. I'm not sure that a $450 risk on a third party would feel the safe route given the experience the three of us have had.

By the way, also worth looking at some of the stellar reviews of the box online as my experience definitely is representative of the whole. We're definitely the minority here but still. It's a shit ton of money when there are a few questionable quality moments
I agree to all of this. They've just sent out my second set of replacements. The first set mostly worked. But I hadn't listened to Without A Net yet, and unfortunately it had the most issues out of all of them. But no hassles, couple of sound clips and off we go.

But honestly just email Pauly and ask him if they have any more boxes. I'm certain they must.

I wouldn’t mind grabbing a defected WAN...just saying 😂
Based on mine it would be pointless. Massive sections of knackered, shit vinyl. It would just be having something for the sake of having it really.

I'm guessing all others with gished copies are the same.

fuckin' donna, everytime. "hey we're really grooving and lost out in space, but in a good way...feeling happy with our place in the universe...centered and loved and relaxed..."

DONNA: "HOLD MY BEER.......WOOOOOOOOAOAAOAOOAOAOAOAOAOAOOAOAOAOOAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHOAOAOHAHAH"

fuckin' donna, everytime. "hey we're really grooving and lost out in space, but in a good way...feeling happy with our place in the universe...centered and loved and relaxed..."

DONNA: "HOLD MY BEER.......WOOOOOOOOAOAAOAOOAOAOAOAOAOAOOAOAOAOOAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHOAOAOHAHAH"
I was listening to 10/18/71 in the car the other day and you just automatically brace yourself for it.. And it wasn't there. Fantastic feeling. Its like realising your lottery ticket has a 5 on it and not a 2 so instead of only winning a few hundred grand you're actually a multi millionaire. Sweet relief

Back