Vinyl Me Please Anthology

FWIW, for early era Dead I'm partial to 'Two From the Vault' over 'Live/Dead'. The whole set is unreal, but the version of "The Eleven" blows me away each and every time. The re-press is up for pre-order at LITA, $80 for 4 LPs, but the original press runs in the neighborhood of $300 on 'cogs.

Last edited:
I gave AB and Europe 72 a listen today on Spotify, and I gotta say they're not hitting the same spot as Live Dead and Allah. I can see the appeal of their more country-blues stuff, but I prefer the psychedelic jams as opposed to their actual songwriting. They seem to have a very diverse sound though, which is very impressive

This may take some time, and I'm not even sure if such a place exists, but today's challenge is to find a retailer that isn't selling the VMP Exclusive Dead box

This may take some time, and I'm not even sure if such a place exists, but today's challenge is to find a retailer that isn't selling the VMP Exclusive Dead box

I dont see the issue here (not saying you’re inferring it’s an issue either).
It wasnt a member exclusive and we already know they made too many and it’s pricey. Its a well made quality product though, why not sell it via other venues?

As long as they don’t advertise as a “member exclusive” I see no issue with VMP selling via other outlets after it’s initially posted on their own. It’s no different than any other label or brand (which seems to be more the business model theyre going for nowadays anyway). Truthfully, my biggest issue with them is still fulfillment and shipping (though it has drastically improved IMO). I would probably be more likely to buy their products if regularly sold through a different retailer

I gave AB and Europe 72 a listen today on Spotify, and I gotta say they're not hitting the same spot as Live Dead and Allah. I can see the appeal of their more country-blues stuff, but I prefer the psychedelic jams as opposed to their actual songwriting. They seem to have a very diverse sound though, which is very impressive
Yep, just gave 2 from the vault a listen, and I believe this is more of my jam. 80 bucks is steep, but I think this could cover all of my GD needs for a while.

FWIW, for early era Dead I'm partial to 'Two From the Vault' over 'Live/Dead'. The whole set is unreal, but the version of "The Eleven" blows me away each and every time. The re-press is up for pre-order at LITA, $80 for 4 LPs, but the original press runs in the neighborhood of $300 on 'cogs.

I'd really recommend dipping one's toes in live Dead on vinyl first before diving in. I only have Cornell and I love it but I definitely prefer live Dead digitally.
Only a small percentage of shows can convey to vinyl without losing something in the process. A lot of shows build off of momentum and ebb and flow, which is easily lost on vinyl.

Back