Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I mean... that still doesn't REALLY answer my question. Like... shipping Friday? In my mind "Out Friday" would mean I have it in my hands on Friday. Which well... I doubt.

Maybe first podcast drop and a better shipping than smart post?

Part of me thinks they need to get it out pronto because if they decide to discount the arse off it for Black Friday without actually having shipped to those who paid full price then at least 19 people are going to go balls out mental.

I was convinced the delay was because they've used the 50th Rhino AB master and Warners didn't want them putting out into the world until they've scored their own pound of flesh but I'm coming round to general uselessness as a more likely cause

Unless this goes silly cheap any interest I had in it has gone since the announcement. Pleased to see people are finally going to get their copies though.

Part of me thinks they need to get it out pronto because if they decide to discount the arse off it for Black Friday without actually having shipped to those who paid full price then at least 19 people are going to go balls out mental.

I was convinced the delay was because they've used the 50th Rhino AB master and Warners didn't want them putting out into the world until they've scored their own pound of flesh but I'm coming round to general uselessness as a more likely cause

Unless this goes silly cheap any interest I had in it has gone since the announcement. Pleased to see people are finally going to get their copies though.
They're all apparently new cuts from Bellman at Grundman, the delay (or at least part of it) was because there was some sort of issue with the jackets. They were printed incorrectly or something. I have to say, the prospect of all this vinyl being pressed with no jackets to store them in, then sitting for months on end waiting for the jackets, does not fill me with warm fuzzy thoughts regarding what those discs have gone through in the mean time whilst waiting for the jackets to house them.

They're all apparently new cuts from Bellman at Grundman, the delay (or at least part of it) was because there was some sort of issue with the jackets. They were printed incorrectly or something. I have to say, the prospect of all this vinyl being pressed with no jackets to store them in, then sitting for months on end waiting for the jackets, does not fill me with warm fuzzy thoughts regarding what those discs have gone through in the mean time whilst waiting for the jackets to house them.
Don't worry. The vinyl is sitting in stacks in a nice and warm (no AC) warehouse. There are even some large windows to let in the noon sun. The coloured vinyl looks pretty when a sun beam hits and the warehouse cats climb on them to sleep for hours.

I mean. I hope so but that would mean that Bellman has been part of the 2011 Rhino, the 2020 50th Rhino reissue and now this in under 10 years. Not to mention the Mofis are only about 5 years old. I get that for Live/ Dead as the last big re issue job was 2003 and I'm not sure about Terrapin Station but the bloke only just cut AB and WMD again last year for Rhino. And they only did Wake the Flood 2 years ago for the RSD box (which is absolutely brilliant by the way). I'm not sure what more Bellman could squeeze out of them that he hasn't in the last two cracks he's had.

I'm massively interested to know exactly what is being re-done here. My money is on some Rhino in the deadwax.

I mean. I hope so but that would mean that Bellman has been part of the 2011 Rhino, the 2020 50th Rhino reissue and now this in under 10 years. Not to mention the Mofis are only about 5 years old. I get that for Live/ Dead as the last big re issue job was 2003 and I'm not sure about Terrapin Station but the bloke only just cut AB and WMD again last year for Rhino. And they only did Wake the Flood 2 years ago for the RSD box (which is absolutely brilliant by the way). I'm not sure what more Bellman could squeeze out of them that he hasn't in the last two cracks he's had.

I'm massively interested to know exactly what is being re-done here. My money is on some Rhino in the deadwax.
Yep you could be right about that. I thought they'd confirmed they were all new cuts but who knows. At this point I don't even remember buying it so I guess it's all gravy... A FUCKTONNE OF VERY EXPENSIVE GRAVY

Yep you could be right about that. I thought they'd confirmed they were all new cuts but who knows. At this point I don't even remember buying it so I guess it's all gravy... A FUCKTONNE OF VERY EXPENSIVE GRAVY
Europe 72 is class though. It's the thing that keeps me semi tempted. I mean, maybe not $500 tempted but enough not to badmouth the set too much. I reckon you may get fresh cuts of Terrapin, Without a Net, Reckoning and (possibly) Europe 72. The 2003 Live/Dead is great but it's almost 20 years so that'll probably be redone too and they'll go with the existing Bellmans for AB, WMD and the 2018 Wake the Flood.

If had been $300 - $350 i'd have been all over it.

Europe 72 is class though. It's the thing that keeps me semi tempted. I mean, maybe not $500 tempted but enough not to badmouth the set too much. I reckon you may get fresh cuts of Terrapin, Without a Net, Reckoning and (possibly) Europe 72. The 2003 Live/Dead is great but it's almost 20 years so that'll probably be redone too and they'll go with the existing Bellmans for AB, WMD and the 2018 Wake the Flood.

If had been $300 - $350 i'd have been all over it.
Oh trust me, I get it. It was a silly purchase. But I had some extra money that month so I lost my mind a little and grabbed it.

@Mather did it actually turn up? Would you stick the dead wax up for AB and WMD if you get a chance while you're giving them a clean?

Back