Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Hi guys, I have a question for you past-anthology subscribers. I have had an email from USPS saying I have import fees of £34.58 to pay on something from Roswell, GA, United States. Im at a loss as to what it could be, the only thing (other than VMP orders) that I can think of is the Herbie Hancock Anthology. Does the location line-up with where previous ones have shipped from?

Hi guys, I have a question for you past-anthology subscribers. I have had an email from USPS saying I have import fees of £34.58 to pay on something from Roswell, GA, United States. Im at a loss as to what it could be, the only thing (other than VMP orders) that I can think of is the Herbie Hancock Anthology. Does the location line-up with where previous ones have shipped from?
I thought the extra we paid for our anthologies included all shipping and customs fees? Plus I would think it would be Royal Post that would be collecting any fees, not USPS. I think Zamrock came through NJ/NY

I thought the extra we paid for our anthologies included all shipping and customs fees? Plus I would think it would be Royal Post that would be collecting any fees, not USPS. I think Zamrock came through NJ/NY
Yeah thats what it said in the email.....but it is VMP so thought I best check.

Hmm its a mystery. What on earth have I bought now??

USPS can't charge any duties to the UK. Only the UK can do that.

USPS can't charge any duties to the UK. Only the UK can do that.
That's interesting to know as the package was still in the US on route to their international distribution when I was invoiced.

I actually found out what it was last night as well. A jazz duo messaged me on Instagram and asked if I would be interested in a free copy of their latest record and a T-shirt. I have been following them since seeing one of their videos in a recommended section so to have had the offer was really nice of them. Turns out they had paid the fees, and ended up messaging me to let me know not to worry.

So can we at least expect that you shamelessly hype them around here, now. Better get your emoji game ready. Forgot you quote you @Selaws
Hahahaha I will certainly post about them when it arrives. I have previously listened to the title track through youtube (Link Here) and its a killer, high energy track. Hoping the rest follows in the same vein. They are called The Moore-McColl Jazz Society

This month's Grateful Dead bulletin states that the Dead VMP Anthology is coming out Friday.

Which means VMP will ship these just in time for New Year's.
"Coming out" as in... actually completed in some corporeal form with the purposes of perhaps being sent through the mail to some of the people that paid $6000 for it a decade ago? Or something like that.

Or "Coming out" as in, it's going to go up for sale on Friday... again... and they're just hoping that no one noticed that it has already been on sale for like a decade? Or something like that.

Last edited:
"Coming out" as in... actually completed in some corporeal form with the purposes of perhaps being sent through the mail to some of the people that paid $6000 for it a decade ago? Or something like that.

Or "Coming out" as in, it's going to go up for sale on Friday... again... and they're just hoping that no one noticed that it has already been on sale for like a decade? Or something like that.
Untitled.jpg

Back