Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Looks like Rapcats had 10 boxes and they sold them all... I wonder if these will pop up anywhere else...for even more!?! People are nuts sometimes...
I knew that would happen if they only had around 10-20 copies. So sketchy they sold it for $400 and only put them up for sale 3 days after one sold for $600 on discogs...

I wonder what their costs were with the Dead set. As in, how low of a price could it get to?
Or if they would break it up.
I would not be able to turn down owning Reckoning or Without A Net individually.

I wonder what their costs were with the Dead set. As in, how low of a price could it get to?
Or if they would break it up.
I would not be able to turn down owning Reckoning or Without A Net individually.
They definitely weren't cheap and I'm surprised that they made it as big of a set as they did.

First, all in print Dead vinyl is pressed from Analog sourced when possible and pressed at good plants, so the only difference is color.

The Dead/Rhino sell their single LPs in the 20-25 buck range. Likewise Live/Dead was marketed in that range with a slightly broader price variance. I'd expect Reckoning to be a bit more if released from the label now, perhaps $30-35.

Europe '72 retailed for around $50, and I'd expect a direct release of Without A Net to be similar.

So if Rhino was selling all of these, retail would be around $250? VMP likely had to front some costs for the project including advertising and the work on whatever is allegedly is tying this set together. Add in shipping, etc. So $300 or so is probably their break even number?

I just think selling 7500 at that price, much less $450, is insane to attempt.

They would have been better served doing a Live anthology of just the live albums for $250.

They should have done the Dead box as Store Exclusives.

Could have charged:

Studio Albums: $30
Live/Dead and Reckoning: $40
Europe '72 and Without A Net: $75

They probably could have sold out some of the titles by now.

I would've bought a few for sure. Instead I sourced almost this entire box, minus the last two titles, for about $180 (ballpark number). Mix of Rhinos reissues and nice OG copies.

I would've bought a few for sure. Instead I sourced almost this entire box, minus the last two titles, for about $180 (ballpark number). Mix of Rhinos reissues and nice OG copies.
Yes, versus $0, I likely would have bought Terrapin, Reckoning, E72, and Without a Net. So they would have gotten $200 from me. I know many Dead fans that would have jumped at several of these if available individually

Look, I mean clearly this is vastly overpriced but I literally own zero Dead albums and if these are AP quality (which they hopefully should be, Bellman QRP blah blah blah) then I can deal with paying... uh...

...in my defense...

-runs away-

Same reason I got it.

Look, I mean clearly this is vastly overpriced but I literally own zero Dead albums and if these are AP quality (which they hopefully should be, Bellman QRP blah blah blah) then I can deal with paying... uh...

...in my defense...

-runs away-
I thought you were in the process of tracking down all the GD Mo-Fi’s and Rhino’s in Canada? You give up? Quitter.

@Mather did you look at this box at all by chance?

Also saw a bunch of Canadian sellers on cogs for those rhino releases
I did see that one but I only wanted Mars and Allah, so I got the Mofi's. I could have gotten Workingman and a couple others but the good live albums from Rhino were all much more expensive.

Also I kinda just wanted it...

Back