Vinyl Me Please Anthology

My Stax Anthology has been 30 minutes away in Jersey City for a week. The red is where I am in proximity to where Jersey City is to show how close it is. It’s just a hop and a skip away. It’s maddening.

View attachment 29477
I always opt to get "all updates" when I'm in this situation. Not sure that it does anything than psychologically make me feel better, but I like to think there's someone at USPS that has a report showing packages with notification updates that are going nowhere. Additionally, when there is any kind of status change, you'll be notified asap.

I was the same way on the Motown anthology. Just didnt get into the later stuff. I opted to buy some other copies of the first 4 I believe. Exposing me to good music at least, even if not primo pressings.

Yep, exactly my thought on the Motown. I'll never listen to the last four.

Am I the only one that loved the Syreeta album?
Ha! That was the last "good" one IMO. I never read the notes, but believe I read she was married to Stevie Wonder. You can hear his influence on that LP.

The three after were a definite step down. And the first four are pretty damn amazing! I wouldn't have bought those otherwise.

Ha! That was the last "good" one IMO. I never read the notes, but believe I read she was married to Stevie Wonder. You can hear his influence on that LP.

The three after were a definite step down. And the first four are pretty damn amazing! I wouldn't have bought those otherwise.
For me, I love all of them, except for the 6th release! I absolutely love the Teena Marie & Erykah Badu release! Especially the Erykah Badu one! It sounds spectacular! I get so much joy out of listening to Teena Marie’s It Must Be Magic! You can hear Rick James’ signature sound and charisma all over that LP! Teena Marie’s vocals are outstanding too!

That 6th release (I forgot the woman’s name.......maybe Tata Vega?) was enjoyable but not as enjoyable compared to the other 7 exclusives!

I don’t want to appear judgemental, but it’s so that packaging is so bland/ugly! Like, why would you want to keep it? 🙊
Haha. Yes they aren’t attractive but they do have the Episode numbers on them for what that’s worth and I suppose will protect the jackets. I don’t really have room right now to pull them all out and store them separately.

Haha. Yes they aren’t attractive but they do have the Episode numbers on them for what that’s worth and I suppose will protect the jackets. I don’t really have room right now to pull them all out and store them separately.
And if you ever sell it, someone will want it.

Back