Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Definitely agree with everyone about how VMP should announce the price. $200+ even $100+ is a major purchase for many of us. Having to force the consumer to decide a major purchase in just a few days is irresponsible of them.

Yeah I agree...... but it's basically their main marketing strategy. I wish they'd just double down on good product and transparent pricing but they clearly think the FOMO thing is the only method that'll work for them. The QOTSA bs they pulled was a new low imo. But here I am, still buying.

I kinda want this upcoming Ghostly International Anthology but I think because international shipping will be $40/$50, I definitely won’t be getting it! 🙅‍♂️

I’m excited to see what the Ghostly International Anthology will look like even though I’m not getting it! 🙇‍♂️

And I’m looking very forward to seeing what the 4th VMP Anthology series is, as I’m sure I’ll be getting it! Even if it’s expensive like the Motown Anthology box! 🙊

Last edited:
Yeah I agree...... but it's basically their main marketing strategy. I wish they'd just double down on good product and transparent pricing but they clearly think the FOMO thing is the only method that'll work for them. The QOTSA bs they pulled was a new low imo. But here I am, still buying.

I agree. Being a yearly subscriber it didn't really affect me, but I feel for all of the 3-month plans.

<In the most sarcastic voice possible> What would you do with more time?

I think you have VMP confused with a company that cares about it's customers.

EDIT: Sorry, not trying to be snarky at you @cul8er, just at VMP. Your suggestion is spot on, but it will never happen with a company that depends on FOMO so much.

No worries. :cool:
I have no illusions that being a subscriber means anything more than consistent $ from me to them. I still feel like I am getting a decent deal at $23 a record for the main subscription and add-ons. But for the anthologies I wish they would at least come close to $23 per record.

Well can someone let me know? I'd like to save money too. This is the first Anthology that I'm interested in so I'm not familiar with these codes

Or is the joke there isn't a code??
Someone help me by 5pm tmr plz

no the joke is that someone was trying to sell a completely unrelated discount code for $40 last weekend. It caused a kerfuffle. Sorry I don’t have one, I’m fundamentally opposed to the anthology concept, I’d say they’ll be a few for offer though because there’ll be people who like Motown with no interest in Ghostly, hope someone sorts you out!

no the joke is that someone was trying to sell a completely unrelated discount code for $40 last weekend. It caused a kerfuffle. Sorry I don’t have one, I’m fundamentally opposed to the anthology concept, I’d say they’ll be a few for offer though because there’ll be people who like Motown with no interest in Ghostly, hope someone sorts you out!

previous buyers from AMP 1 and/or 2 got discount codes by email when AMP#3 was announced. Think they are for 10% off.

Ahhh got it, thanks! I was wondering if I should have gotten one for subbing to vmp and can find it somewhere or something

if it is ACTUALLY 100 bucks

i'm able to buy this thing
Seems too good to be true, but i'd guess these are just being pressed by Ghostly and not AAA like the other box sets, and Ghostly's prices are normally pretty reasonable, so maybe? Just figured there'd be the VMP + rare tax thrown in, and that's why $100 seems low.

Ahhh got it, thanks! I was wondering if I should have gotten one for subbing to vmp and can find it somewhere or something
Yea you get a 10% discount code if you’re an Anthology alumnus. I got the Blue Note anthology so I got an email with the code. Definitely going to use it - I’m very excited about this one. There should be plenty of ppl willing to give out a code though, so I’d keep an eye out.

Yea you get a 10% discount code if you’re an Anthology alumnus. I got the Blue Note anthology so I got an email with the code. Definitely going to use it - I’m very excited about this one. There should be plenty of ppl willing to give out a code though, so I’d keep an eye out.

Thanks! I got it! Thanks to @heavysoulbrutha !! I wonder what the crossover fandom is between Motown & Ghostly.

Back