Vinyl Me Please Anthology

So with the 10% off, $202. So $34 an album. Knew this wouldn't be as cheap as we all had hoped.

Yeah, part of me hoped it was going to be cheaper... but I knew. Glad it's not Motown or Blue Note expensive. I would've been out if it was over $250.

Yeah, part of me hoped it was going to be cheaper... but I knew. Glad it's not Motown or Blue Note expensive. I would've been out if it was over $250.
its only SLIGHTLY less expensive than blue note

225 compared to 230

250 compared to 280

its only SLIGHTLY less expensive than blue note

225 compared to 230

250 compared to 280

Oh yeah good point... I was factoring my discount into my equation.

I mean it's hard to argue that Ghostly albums can hold the same value that a Blue Note can...

$202 after the discount code and early access, I was hoping for $175 but an extra $27 isn't too much more, had it been $250 after discounts I would've walked out on it.

That being said Ghostly is a label I have been supportive of for quite some time, Motown, isn't really my thing and while I really wanted blue note, I did not want to dish out $250 at that time.

also the previous sets had a 50 dollar discount

this one has a 25 dollar discount

this feels like we are being ripped off

I decided to bite too... Way more than I was hoping, but I wanted to, but YOLO... gotta support that cool Michigan label and expand my horizons a bit. I wonder if they start sending these out right away or if this starts later?

Honestly, the price will probably force me to engage myself with whatever extra curated content they throw out there with this a bit more.

also the previous sets had a 50 dollar discount

this one has a 25 dollar discount

this feels like we are being ripped off

How are you being ripped off? You either buy it or you don't. If you feel like the price doesn't justify it then you don't buy it. The price seems in line with what they offered the others for. People got overly excited based on incorrect guessing of the final price.

How are you being ripped off? You either buy it or you don't. If you feel like the price doesn't justify it then you don't buy it. The price seems in line with what they offered the others for. People got overly excited based on incorrect guessing of the final price.
because every other box set had 50 bucks off instead of 25 bucks off like those who want ghostly

so we are getting 25 dollars less savings

maybe some people actually want it.. cant afford it , and kinda hoped for the 50 dollar discount to move it from say 200 to 150 where i can afford it

because every other box set had 50 bucks off instead of 25 bucks off like those who want ghostly

so we are getting 25 dollars less savings

Okay. Yet, the average price per record is right in line with both the $50 off price of Motown and Blue Note. Motown-$36.87 per record. Blue Note-$38 per record. Ghostly-$37.50 per record.

Okay. Yet, the average price per record is right in line with both the $50 off price of Motown and Blue Note. Motown-$36.87 per record. Blue Note-$38 per record. Ghostly-$37.50 per record.
but its not like these are AAA pressings done at QRP or RTI (all digital, probably at Gz or something since no real mention of the pressing plant)... not everyone WANTS audiophile level pressings of these albums and just wants to have them physically

Right. But it's a box set with colored vinyl over black which always go for more, 3 never before done pressings, and other trinkets. I'm not thrilled with the price but I was expecting it to be around that. If you can get a discount code, it's a little better.

Right. But it's a box set with colored vinyl over black which always go for more, 3 never before done pressings, and other trinkets. I'm not thrilled with the price but I was expecting it to be around that. If you can get a discount code, it's a little better.
i was hoping since this isn't an audiophile level label (fairly trendy label though so i should i have thought of that), pressed at a less intense plant and not AAA.... they would cut down the average price of an album (and seeing as the average album on ghostly is like 20 bucks... and colored vinyl shouldn't cost that much money)...

Back