Vinyl Me, D - A Free Record Club

veruca-salt-i-want-it-now-gif-5.gif

Album one is a badass artist. Very much a fan of his early albums, don't know how this one passed me by! Must have come out during a period where I had ZERO money for music... Proud to say that drought passed.

So back in the early-mid 2010's, I interned at a theater in Northern Kentucky. Saw a lot of great artists who came through the venue during that time - Metric, Passion Pit, of Montreal, Neutral Milk Hotel, Local Natives, etc etc.. After my internship was over, I took over their weekly email blast for years in exchange for continued free tickets to shows. I remember Shooter coming through in 2015, but I had to decide because of my work schedule between Shooter or Sturgill Simpson 3 days later. I chose Sturgill because I was familiar with his music, but I regret not pushing myself a little more and going to both.

Happy to be getting familiar with his music finally!

Just finished my first listen!

This is some heavy, Twilight Zone, dystopian stoner country rock and I am here. for. it. Like if QOTSA's Songs For The Deaf, Sturgill Simpson's Sound and Fury, and Pink Floyd's world view during The Wall era all had a 3 day long, drug-fueled rager.

And of course Stephen King is the narrator!

Just finished my first listen!

This is some heavy, Twilight Zone, dystopian stoner country rock and I am here. for. it. Like if QOTSA's Songs For The Deaf, Sturgill Simpson's Sound and Fury, and Pink Floyd's world view during The Wall era all had a 3 day long, drug-fueled rager.

And of course Stephen King is the narrator!
Honestly you nailed it. I was thinking Songs For The Deaf meets The Wall when I first heard it. The narriation absolutely makes this a must own album.

Pretty sure @Yer Ol' Uncle D blew his load early on this one because I'd bet the bank that no other album he picks is gonna be this good.

Back