UK Members

Yeah, that one does seem the same but smaller! I think there is one small issue with it though after reading something on the Steve Hoffman forums. Here is what someone say about the vent on the Pro Ject VC-E making their records a bit dirty.

“One thing that's not obvious from any of their promotional photos is the fact that - unlike the VC-S2 and their prior models, which vent from the side of the cabinet - the vent on the VC-E is on the top of the cabinet, between the spindle and the cabinet edge, and vents upward, directly onto the bottom of the record. Accordingly, there were times that I removed a record from the cleaner and noticed condensation on the bottom of the record. It took me a while to figure out that the vent was the source of the condensation.”

For this reason, I’ll probably get the bigger model as it doesn’t have this problem!

I wonder if you could rig somthing to divert airflow away from record?

You can get a black cover to go over it to hide it from full view. I picked one up for 25 quid so mine lives in the garage now.

Also, its a big thing but surprisingly light so you could probably just keep it in a cupboard and take it out when you need it
Oh yeah, that’s a great idea! I would grab a big cover to put over it as well, just to keep it clean! What does yours look like? When you have time, take a picture of the VC-S2 ALU with the black cover on! I want to get an idea of what the cover should look like! 😊

That’s great to know it’s light too! That makes things much better when it comes to moving around the room!

There are a few forums where people have talked about that. I think they're using scotch tape and plumbing parts but seems doable... if a bit of a cock around

Mmmmm there probably is a way, but I’m very bad when it comes to hands on things/fixing things as I never do things properly. I can’t even clean my records properly using a spin clean! 🥴🤷‍♂️

I’d prefer the smaller model, but because of that one design issue, I’m definitely getting the bigger model! I don’t want to compromise.

Oh yeah, that’s a great idea! I would grab a big cover to put over it as well, just to keep it clean! What does yours look like? When you have time, take a picture of the VC-S2 ALU with the black cover on! I want to get an idea of what the cover should look like! 😊

That’s great to know it’s light too! That makes things much better when it comes to moving around the room!
So this is where mine is currently living. It’s dead easy to lift it out when I need to. Totally not it’s forever home, but will do for as long as I’m still here.

4883C219-06E1-4E0B-93FF-A16885A3DDE0.jpeg

Somehow managed to put my last response in the quote, sorry!

Also, @NathanRicaud - for a practical guide, @Mr Moore’s What’s Spinning posts give you a real world idea of their size.
Also, thanks for letting me know about that! I’ll definitely check it out now just to see how big the record cleaning machine really is!

I'll have to go and find one. Just need to work out if I'm stealing the wolfhound to bring it home for the photo or if I'm carrying the record cleaner around whitley bay until i find one that will pose for me out and about....

Give me 20 minutes
Omg, that’s your dog on your display picture! Omg, it’s so cute and I can tell that it loves you so much! 🥺♥️♥️♥️

Omg, that’s your dog on your display picture! Omg, it’s so cute and I can tell that it loves you so much! 🥺♥♥♥
Aye. The dog and I are full on. Members of Best Friends Club haha.

He's proper loopy though. Full blown psycho collie. Don't be fooled by the cute crooked ear

Aye. The dog and I are full on. Members of Best Friends Club haha.

He's proper loopy though. Full blown psycho collie. Don't be fooled by the cute crooked ear
Stop it with your cuteness! The fact that you two are best friends is super adorable! 🤗

Sounds Like your Collie is very smart! It’s smart, cute and I’m guessing playful too! 😍

Heres where I store mine when not in use. Quite a good spot really. I do like the idea of that dust cover though @Rowan, looks really neat (and if it comes with a border collie then I'm definitely sold!!!)

IMG_2208.JPG

Back