UK Members

I ordered a 5ltr bottle from amazon cheap. Also worth mentioning that I've seen a few recommendations for those cheap squeeze bottles with a nozzle to control the fluid a bit better. The bottle that comes with the unit looks to be an open topped bottle.

If you have any recommendations for bottles I would be interested. I've been using a syringe that sort of works, but it has started to stick. I always out on less than recommended and still end up getting solution everywhere :)

If you have any recommendations for bottles I would be interested. I've been using a syringe that sort of works, but it has started to stick. I always out on less than recommended and still end up getting solution everywhere :)
I just ordered a cheapo 250ml squeeze bottle from ebay (looks like a sauce bottle and has a cap). I will give that a go and see what it's like (should be arriving today). Likely to be able to get one at a local boots/wilko/superdrug type shop as well.

I just ordered a cheapo 250ml squeeze bottle from ebay (looks like a sauce bottle and has a cap). I will give that a go and see what it's like (should be arriving today). Likely to be able to get one at a local boots/wilko/superdrug type shop as well.
I’m going to see what my local Asda has today. All built up, just waiting for water. The next thing to get is MOFI inners...

I’m going to see what my local Asda has today. All built up, just waiting for water. The next thing to get is MOFI inners...

Mine has just turned up. Think adsa does DeIonised water for about £1.50 for 5 litres. As far as I've been able to work out its just as fine as distilled water

Think I may try my catastrophically shit sounding pressing of Punisher first, then the Kikagaku Moyo thats in PIF and then.....

This is going to be epic!

Hilariously mine didn't work. No power. Nada. I was carrying the bloody thing around the house, trying different sockets, digging out power cables from boxes at the back of the loft... the lot. The dog was wandering around after me looking at me as if either I was (a) totally nuts or (b) devising some new really complicated game with obscure rules for him.

Anyway, Peter Tyson has been great. New one was dispatched this morning and will be with me tomorrow. They've even told me to keep the record cleaning fluid from the original so at least there's that.

And to make me feel better I decided to order a new turntable so I have a Technics 1210GR enroute too! Good times

Hilariously mine didn't work. No power. Nada. I was carrying the bloody thing around the house, trying different sockets, digging out power cables from boxes at the back of the loft... the lot. The dog was wandering around after me looking at me as if either I was (a) totally nuts or (b) devising some new really complicated game with obscure rules for him.

Anyway, Peter Tyson has been great. New one was dispatched this morning and will be with me tomorrow. They've even told me to keep the record cleaning fluid from the original so at least there's that.

And to make me feel better I decided to order a new turntable so I have a Technics 1210GR enroute too! Good times
I would say that sucks, but in this case it doesn’t...

Sorry to hear, and good news on the replacement and the turntable.

Not getting too cocky until I see if the replacement works. Did you end up getting your water from ASDA?

Not getting too cocky until I see if the replacement works. Did you end up getting your water from ASDA?
Yup, dead easy. Also got wee stickers to put on my outer sleeves so I know what I've cleaned. I have a Discogs category set up as well so I can track it on that. Maybe need a better dispenser, but I'm all good.

My biggest problem is finding a space for it - it's a bit of a chunker...

Yup, dead easy. Also got wee stickers to put on my outer sleeves so I know what I've cleaned. I have a Discogs category set up as well so I can track it on that. Maybe need a better dispenser, but I'm all good.

My biggest problem is finding a space for it - it's a bit of a chunker...
Yeah. I picked up the 30 quid cover from audio affair so mine can live in the garage. It's bloody huge!

Posted in the Jazz Thread but the UK Bluenote site has 20% off the whole store at the minute so you could get Comin Your Way on Tone poet for under £19 or a load of BN80s for a tenner a pop

Posted in the Jazz Thread but the UK Bluenote site has 20% off the whole store at the minute so you could get Comin Your Way on Tone poet for under £19 or a load of BN80s for a tenner a pop

damn, i just had like 8 records in the cart and saw how expensive their shipping outside of the UK is. oh well, back to wait for dodax deals ...

I managed to keep it to 5 but there are two Tone Poets in there (including State of the Tenor Vol 2 to go with the Vol 1 @Skalap found at Dodax). It cost £75 including delivery for the lot so only £15 a record.And I could have kept going.... Had to step away. Been a mega expensive few days. If my current turntable doesn't fetch me a bit back in I'll be selling my kidneys on street corners

I managed to keep it to 5 but there are two Tone Poets in there (including State of the Tenor Vol 2 to go with the Vol 1 @Skalap found at Dodax). It cost £75 including delivery for the lot so only £15 a record.And I could have kept going.... Had to step away. Been a mega expensive few days. If my current turntable doesn't fetch me a bit back in I'll be selling my kidneys on street corners

if i was in the UK it would have been worth it. but shipping tripled or so

It's here and alive. I've just cleaned my absolute dog shit Phoebe Bridgers Punisher pressing and it's suddenly a totally different record.

Dog isn't impressed with the vacuum though. Not one bit!

It's here and alive. I've just cleaned my absolute dog shit Phoebe Bridgers Punisher pressing and it's suddenly a totally different record.

Dog isn't impressed with the vacuum though. Not one bit!
Result.

I'm waiting on my Mofi's to get here, then I'm going to get stuck in. I've only got three inners left just now, but should be getting 100 over the weekend!

Back