UK Members

I would, but next month is my last. I doubt I'll re-sub unless they give me a discount but if I do I'll ping you
Thats cool, mate. Thought it was a bit of a long shot but worth asking the question.

My sub ran out last month and they didn't offer me anything. I'd finished the years bridge though so they probably thought I'd had my discount

Thats cool, mate. Thought it was a bit of a long shot but worth asking the question.

My sub ran out last month and they didn't offer me anything. I'd finished the years bridge though so they probably thought I'd had my discount
I don’t think as an international given recent pressing issues it’s worth it, but also I’m randomly minded to email them and see if they want to offer me a discount for a 12 month membership return.
Let you know if I succeed.

So, I'm thinking of staying on with VMP on a short term sub, but switching my main sub to a track I probably won't like & swapping for credit each month & using the add ons for my purchases.

Anyone now about the impending VAT charges?

I don't usually look at reddit, but seems they might have forgotten about the UK?

So, I'm thinking of staying on with VMP on a short term sub, but switching my main sub to a track I probably won't like & swapping for credit each month & using the add ons for my purchases.

Anyone now about the impending VAT charges?

I don't usually look at reddit, but seems they might have forgotten about the UK?
Funnily enough, my subscription was renewed last night.

A big jump from the grandfathered price to the full $499 for the year. I was really hesitant to go for another year tbh but after I tried working out how much I 'saved' this year by buying store items from VMP compared to ordering the standard copy from a UK shop it ended up that the jump in price per month kind of covered it (if that makes sense?). Plus, as much as quality control gets bashed, their customer service is good when it comes to replacements.

Now it looks like they haven't included the VAT charges within the sub and I haven't had an additional cost on top like the one that you linked did, so maybe it slipped past. If it ends up that we have to pay extra each month that a package arrives then I really am screwed....

Funnily enough, my subscription was renewed last night.

A big jump from the grandfathered price to the full $499 for the year. I was really hesitant to go for another year tbh but after I tried working out how much I 'saved' this year by buying store items from VMP compared to ordering the standard copy from a UK shop it ended up that the jump in price per month kind of covered it (if that makes sense?). Plus, as much as quality control gets bashed, their customer service is good when it comes to replacements.

Now it looks like they haven't included the VAT charges within the sub and I haven't had an additional cost on top like the one that you linked did, so maybe it slipped past. If it ends up that we have to pay extra each month that a package arrives then I really am screwed....

I think, once you've paid for it you should be fine. Mine renews on 1st November & I agree with what you are saying, it's often cheaper to buy a release from VMP & anywhere else I go I get defects that are difficult to return. I think I'll stay in if they've given the Uk a pass. With VAT it's a different decision.

Hey, @Selaws - you're on an Ian Carr's Nucleus trip aren't you? You probably have an original of this, but seen that Roots is getting a repress...

I do indeed but it's great news that it's getting reissued. There's a few from their Vertigo period (their best period IMO) that have never seen a reissue which is a real shame.

Labrinth, Under The Sun, Alleycat, Snakehips Etcetera, have only ever been issued at the time of their release. Hopefully these will be the next set to see a decent authorised reissue.

This is a question I have brought up before but never here I don't think.

As I continue to add to my collection of records I am becoming more and more concerned about insuring them. I rang my provider the other week to add something and mentioned the records to see if they could be added. They asked for the approx value so I gave them my Discogs average, but straight away they said it wouldn't be possible. In fact, the guy on the phone was close to laughing which leads me to believe its way over what he expected (I think it might be more common for one or two pricier items to be added over collections).

My question is, has anyone here come up with a good solution to having them covered? Is there a dedicated provider here in the UK that tends to deal with this kind of thing? As a secondary point I question how this kind of thing works when its continuously being added to, is it a case of ringing yearly to up the premium?

Cheers

As I continue to add to my collection of records I am becoming more and more concerned about insuring them. I rang my provider the other week to add something and mentioned the records to see if they could be added. They asked for the approx value so I gave them my Discogs average, but straight away they said it wouldn't be possible. In fact, the guy on the phone was close to laughing which leads me to believe its way over what he expected (I think it might be more common for one or two pricier items to be added over collections).

My question is, has anyone here come up with a good solution to having them covered? Is there a dedicated provider here in the UK that tends to deal with this kind of thing? As a secondary point I question how this kind of thing works when its continuously being added to, is it a case of ringing yearly to up the premium?

Cheers
It’s something I’ve often thought about but never pursued. I think I have a “general contents up to £X” element to the insurance but suspect that may not cover it. Would also be interested to hear others’ experience.

Cheers

It’s something I’ve often thought about but never pursued. I think I have a “general contents up to £X” element to the insurance but suspect that may not cover it. Would also be interested to hear others’ experience.

I do what Hamicle does - Make sure my contents cover would clear cost of records.

Hi Everyone! Where do you guys buy your records in the UK? I am based in London - quite like Kristina Records for Electronic music and Hidden Sounds for more instrumental / second hands rarities.
East Rough Trade is not bad for new music and live experiences.

Hi Everyone! Where do you guys buy your records in the UK? I am based in London - quite like Kristina Records for Electronic music and Hidden Sounds for more instrumental / second hands rarities.
Welcome, always nice to have another Londoner here.

My locals are Union Records and Banquet Records, and are mainly good for new releases.

For second-hand albums, I tend to go to Reckless Records, Sister Ray, Sounds of the Universe, Flashback Records.

On rare occasions, I used to like having a look in IF Music. They had the rarest stuff I have ever seen but priced high as well. Unfortunately, they closed their physical shop and are online-only now. Hopefully not permanently though.

I have been meaning to go to The Little Record Shop and Yo Yo Records as they post some really rare jazz bits every now and again, but they are quite far from me and there's nothing else in the area that I would visit.

Welcome ..from the Midlands...

I get most of my stuff from a circular day out route designed to make my wife forget that we always tend to visit towns with good record shops ...so Ludlow (mod lang) , Shrewsbury (White Rabbit) , Worcester (one in the market) , Stratford (one in the antiques centre) , Birmingham (swordfish ) ....Wolverhampton has Vinyl & Vintage bit that’s a solo run as I’m never gonna convincingly argue Wolverhampton for a nice day out

Thanks Both! Cool choices.

The latest concept/experience store which just opened in Soho is Third Man Records. It's probably one of the most crazy concept I've ever seen. The Artist Jack White is behind it. Probably no economical rationale behind this!

Thanks Both! Cool choices.

The latest concept/experience store which just opened in Soho is Third Man Records. It's probably one of the most crazy concept I've ever seen. The Artist Jack White is behind it. Probably no economical rationale behind this!
The opening was pretty mad. People were told to wait down Carnaby Street then look up at a certain time. Jack White came out onto an apartment balcony and played a mini-gig to the crowd below. That's pretty random in itself but it also turns out the apartment is Damian Hirst's :ROFLMAO:

Welcome ..from the Midlands...

I get most of my stuff from a circular day out route designed to make my wife forget that we always tend to visit towns with good record shops ...so Ludlow (mod lang) , Shrewsbury (White Rabbit) , Worcester (one in the market) , Stratford (one in the antiques centre) , Birmingham (swordfish ) ....Wolverhampton has Vinyl & Vintage bit that’s a solo run as I’m never gonna convincingly argue Wolverhampton for a nice day out
Have you tried Carnival Records in Malvern? Really good little shop in my old hometown.

Back