UK Members

Cheers for this Joe, its as I expected to be fair.

The damage is honestly laughable. It's a dent (more like a crease) to the top corner less than 1cm long. It definitely does not affect play.

I messaged for photos of the box itself (which I imagine has little to no damage). Im actually considering the possibility that he's just chancing a partial refund to get some more off. Annoyingly, when he placed the order he didn't consider VAT and wanted to cancel, so I actually offered to knock some money off of the price which he accepted.

Yeah sounds like a messer for sure. Plus while the whole Brexit VAT debacle is an utter annoyance cogs adds it onto the basket for us casual sellers without VAT registrations so it was there in black and white before he purchased.

I wouldn’t do anything without solid photographic evidence of everything and if he doesn’t supply it dismiss and let him put through the claim and put your case across to PayPal. If it does look like carrier fault maybe ask him to claim through PayPal for the seller protection if you can verify it would cover.

The only other alternative is to offer a gesture refund of 5-10% just to rid yourself of him!

Yeah sounds like a messer for sure. Plus while the whole Brexit VAT debacle is an utter annoyance cogs adds it onto the basket for us casual sellers without VAT registrations so it was there in black and white before he purchased.

I wouldn’t do anything without solid photographic evidence of everything and if he doesn’t supply it dismiss and let him put through the claim and put your case across to PayPal. If it does look like carrier fault maybe ask him to claim through PayPal for the seller protection if you can verify it would cover.

The only other alternative is to offer a gesture refund of 5-10% just to rid yourself of him!
I don't know what to think on this one.

I offered up a partial refund (I didn't even say how much at this point) and he got back saying he preferred the full refund. He then sent this photo of the 'damage' to the packaging.

IMG_20210813_004734.jpg

I offered up a partial refund (I didn't even say how much at this point) and he got back saying he preferred the full refund. He then sent this photo of the 'damage' to the packaging.

View attachment 108512

He’s fucking you about. He doesn’t get to both keep the record and get a full refund.

My response would be to state that you consider the damage to be minor and that you’re willing to offer whatever % and that he can have a full refund only once he has returned the goods to you.

He’s fucking you about. He doesn’t get to both keep the record and get a full refund.

My response would be to state that you consider the damage to be minor and that you’re willing to offer whatever % and that he can have a full refund only once he has returned the goods to you.
Yeah, agree with Joe - they are taking the piss. Have they sent you a picture of the damage to the record?

View attachment 108512

Bloody hell I've had way worse than that ...I accept buying records thru the post has a certain risk ...what a joke

Aye, the buyer is absolutely at it but the risk is that PayPal just automatically side with them.

Would personally want the record returned but the buyer is banking on you not wanting the hassle.

Yeah, agree with Joe - they are taking the piss. Have they sent you a picture of the damage to the record?
Yes he did and it was barely legible.

I offered up a partial refund again but he pushed for a full refund. I have told him that I will refund the Total cost that it all initially went for so I'm not stung with international shipping and that I will send the money once the item is sent back to me.

Not happy about it because of all the hassle but will just take it as a loss of time and block him from purchasing again.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I hope everyone is well.

I have just had a buyer message me from Italy to say that a record that I posted to his has arrived with a dent and that he wants a refund. He said he will send me photos of the damage and the packaging so that I can put a claim in with Royal Mail. I was just wondering if anyone has been through this process before. It was sent Royal Mail International Tracked And Signed and I have all the info needed to put a claim in (paypal receipt to show its value, tracking numbers, post office receipt, etc).

How easy was it? Does it take long to get a response? Any advice/experience would be great.

Edit: Ok so I have just been sent a photo from him and I have to say that I was expecting a proper dent, this is barely noticable. Not sure how to progress with this one, would Royal Mail require a certain level of damage?

These stories and my own experiences put me off selling records online.
I got same issue due to Seam Splits ! So called bluff and advised I’d give refund when I got record back. Surprisingly buyer returned record when I thought he was angling for a discount.
Took me 10 seconds with a glue-stick to make splits invisible and resold almost immediately without complaint !
Still it makes me wary !

I got same issue due to Seam Splits ! So called bluff and advised I’d give refund when I got record back. Surprisingly buyer returned record when I thought he was angling for a discount.
Took me 10 seconds with a glue-stick to make splits invisible and resold almost immediately without complaint !
Still it makes me wary !
Yeah, I really can't be arsed with selling online. Just seems like a lot of faff for not a lot of return.

Still it makes me wary !

You need to make your print stick, seem split solution more widely known :)

You not done that before ?
If i have a nice printed sleeve i want to keep but has a split i run the stick down it then run along it with fingers - If its a dark sleeve and you can see a small white paper line then a felt tip of same colour finishes off. So quick and easy and yet 100% removes it.

Saw this on Kickstarter. It’s a U.K. company and its a pretty smart storage solution. Thinking of getting 4 + 2 bases for my 12 singles and EPs. Will need 2 now and the Other 2 and bases future proof me! Will also free up 2 cubes of increasingly precious Kallax Space for albums!

The early bird pricing finishes in 15 hours.

Has anyone ever had a VMP package seemingly stuck at Heathrow?

Usually I receive them the day after they arrive at customs but its been 5 days now.

Well I had a seam split to fix today soooooo.

And it was a sleeve that had a colour match to make. (Ie not black or white)
So see pics, Ive done better tbh but was a little lazy in my repair. Still it’s completely fine.
all it took was that glue stick - A quick run along with my fingers after applying a good amount. Leave for 5 mins and apply best match felt tip you have afterwards given you will probably have white areas of paper showing against non white background.

DDB22E79-27B1-4AB2-B605-85927AC31E25.jpegA00F9C74-6032-45FA-B55A-A57D11724202.jpeg5D6C1276-B4B2-4216-814D-0CB0B827DEC3.jpeg

Putting this in here rather than one of the VMP threads but wondering if some fellow uk folk with a spare sub may be able to do me a favour. I’m assuming the Gram Parsons country guess is right and am hoping someone may be able to hook me up with it when that month goes live as my sub has expired. House rules apply. I’ll pay full costs incurred including postage and will deal with whatever VMP send our way (assuming they remember to send it) but given my slightly shaky version it would be a nice to have.

Putting this in here rather than one of the VMP threads but wondering if some fellow uk folk with a spare sub may be able to do me a favour. I’m assuming the Gram Parsons country guess is right and am hoping someone may be able to hook me up with it when that month goes live as my sub has expired. House rules apply. I’ll pay full costs incurred including postage and will deal with whatever VMP send our way (assuming they remember to send it) but given my slightly shaky version it would be a nice to have.

I would, but next month is my last. I doubt I'll re-sub unless they give me a discount but if I do I'll ping you

Back