UK Members

How was it? Get an gems?

I would have gone but Walthamstow is the opposite end from where I am, although I have worked on a few projects there so could have killed off 2 birds with 1 stone :ROFLMAO:
Hi! It's quite far indeed! Really cool - around 20 stands, including Hidden Sounds, VDS London and Rooksrecord. There was one label and the other were smaller traders. I bought few Soul/Funk from the 80s and some Balearic/low-fi stuff :)

Anyone have any interesting online corners for deals ? Online deals here is nearly 100% US.
I check out HMV website occasionally and Sound of Vinyl - But rarely surprises me.
Prices getting sillier all the time ive noticed. I mean i wanted to get my weife the latest Tori Amos release and i did but £35 really !

Also not seen a post from @Captainfog in months - hope he is ok.

Folks, does anyone know of a place in the UK that sells concert posters? I'm after the Mogwai one from the Hydro in Glasgow in 2017 that I should have bought at the time. I've tried Richard Goodall gallery in Manchester, but can't think of anywhere else.

If any of you UK based folk are able to get a copy of the Charles Mingus anywhere I would appreciate it and cover all costs, etc. my local didn’t have it and none of the shops in Soho have any left.

Is any UK member of VMP able to buy Aretha Franklin's Spirit in the Dark for me? I'd cover all costs etc (it can be sent to my UK address). I've given up thinking I'm going to find a decent enough copy in the wild (of course, I'll find one now).

Is any UK member of VMP able to buy Aretha Franklin's Spirit in the Dark for me? I'd cover all costs etc (it can be sent to my UK address). I've given up thinking I'm going to find a decent enough copy in the wild (of course, I'll find one now).

I’ll order a copy for you

edit- ordered. message me your details & I'll post when it arrives.

Last edited:
Is the third man shop in London worth visiting at all?
It's a novelty but I wasn't blown away but it. There's a reason it's on Carnaby street (just off) which is likely due to tourist footfall and they have stocked the shop accordingly. When I was there it was just a few shallow bins of their records but significantly more branded t-shirts, pencils, and other accessories.

Basically, if you are in the area anyway then worth popping in but I personally wouldn't go out of my way to go back there.

It's a novelty but I wasn't blown away but it. There's a reason it's on Carnaby street (just off) which is likely due to tourist footfall and they have stocked the shop accordingly. When I was there it was just a few shallow bins of their records but significantly more branded t-shirts, pencils, and other accessories.

Basically, if you are in the area anyway then worth popping in but I personally wouldn't go out of my way to go back there.
Figured as much. the one in Nashville is pretty cool but also less huge record store and more of a gift shop. I'll be in Soho at some point but probably at the bottom of my list. Had totally forgotten that it opened there.

If anybody was looking for the ERC White Stripes, they do have copies at the store in London at MSRP (which is still a LOT).

Good price on an open box VCS2 on eBay U.K. at moment along with a discount code

Back