Toronto Weird Boys

Very short notice (lol literally just got on the plane)...but I'm in town until Monday. Anyone heading to a record store (are they open family day weekend?) and want to dig/go for a beer after let me know.
I'm around this weekend. Depending on when you're free, I could probably meet up for a beer at least, too. Where are you thinking of heading and when?

I'm around this weekend. Depending on when you're free, I could probably meet up for a beer at least, too. Where are you thinking of heading and when?

So I need to apologize for this. A friend picked me up from Pearson at noon and we proceeded to "sample" his whisky collection the entire afternoon before heading to the bar. Maybe it was the jet lag and drinking on an empty stomach, but really it was probably all the old fashioned's I drank at the bar so my night was done at 9:30pm and the day after was pretty much a write off. I headed up to K-W pretty early on Monday since I wanted to feel better about myself and get a head start on my work (purpose of my trip).

I'll try to plan it a bit better next time I'm here, and hopefully it will be more often as the parent company im working for is based out of Kitchener.

So I need to apologize for this. A friend picked me up from Pearson at noon and we proceeded to "sample" his whisky collection the entire afternoon before heading to the bar. Maybe it was the jet lag and drinking on an empty stomach, but really it was probably all the old fashioned's I drank at the bar so my night was done at 9:30pm and the day after was pretty much a write off. I headed up to K-W pretty early on Monday since I wanted to feel better about myself and get a head start on my work (purpose of my trip).

I'll try to plan it a bit better next time I'm here, and hopefully it will be more often as the parent company im working for is based out of Kitchener.
Hahaha, no worries. Hopefully you can make it back to the motherland again soon.

Friends!

I am moving next month. I had perfect boxes identified at Public Storage to pack my records in but didn’t get the chance to buy them before all their damn stores close. You guys know some boxes that fit records real good?

Sorry man, no idea. When I moved last fall I had the exact wrong boxes for my records so I padded the sides with t-shirts and stuff, but then again I only moved like 500 metres.

Thanks guys. Said fuck it and used some medium sized boxes I have with linens and clothes folded in to fill out space. I shoulda figured this out before the end times, but....

Thanks guys. Said fuck it and used some medium sized boxes I have with linens and clothes folded in to fill out space. I shoulda figured this out before the end times, but....

Little late but I seem to recall liquor store boxes were really good for this. My apologies for the late reply.

Anyone ordering from anywhere local to provide the supports and such until this shit is gone? I know Sonic Boom has expanded their online offering (and jacked prices from what I’ve heard). Anyone other stores have good online experiences?

I’m assuming that at least some stores will not be reopening again... it’s a shame.

Anyone ordering from anywhere local to provide the supports and such until this shit is gone? I know Sonic Boom has expanded their online offering (and jacked prices from what I’ve heard). Anyone other stores have good online experiences?

I’m assuming that at least some stores will not be reopening again... it’s a shame.
Yeah I actually put in an order for both Bill Withers Mofi's from Sonic. They weren't jacked beyond the usual MOFI prices but a lot of their stuff seems to be quite high. 2LP Analogue Productions stuff is listed at $99 which is at least 10 dollars more than it used to be. The 1 LP Withers was 59 and the 2 LP was 79 so that's about what they've always been, free shipping as well.

Yeah I actually put in an order for both Bill Withers Mofi's from Sonic. They weren't jacked beyond the usual MOFI prices but a lot of their stuff seems to be quite high. 2LP Analogue Productions stuff is listed at $99 which is at least 10 dollars more than it used to be. The 1 LP Withers was 59 and the 2 LP was 79 so that's about what they've always been, free shipping as well.
I actually wanted to order from Kops but I can't do $15 shipping from a store that's 10 minutes from my house.

But yeah if anyone has any other online order suggestions I'd love to hear it. The free shipping sets Sonic ahead of anyone else so far in my books. But I don't actually know where their stock is shipping from. My records show Pickering and Markham so I'm assuming it's a warehouse, not the store. That's the only thing I'm concerned about with them, they had a lot of damaged product in their store with seam splits etc, if I get one of those sent to me at full price I will not be happy.

Last edited:
I had an email from Sonic Boom the other day about new stock so I popped in and I notice a lot of things had increased by $3-5 dollars. I hope that they are getting business with the over $50 free shipping but obviously jacking the price to cover that leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

At first I thought it was maybe because of the weak dollar because most Blue Note items went up, but as I poked around I think there is a lot of older stock that had their price increase as well.

I had an email from Sonic Boom the other day about new stock so I popped in and I notice a lot of things had increased by $3-5 dollars. I hope that they are getting business with the over $50 free shipping but obviously jacking the price to cover that leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

At first I thought it was maybe because of the weak dollar because most Blue Note items went up, but as I poked around I think there is a lot of older stock that had their price increase as well.

They admitted on Instagram that they pretty much jacked everything to cover free shipping.

Yeah, I had a couple things in my cart and was waiting to see if sleeves would be restocked and when I checked again they'd both been increased $4-$5. Oh well.

I know Play De Record and Dead Dog both had Discogs accounts before all this but I'm not sure if those have been impacted at all and don't know of any other stores doing it. I'm pretty concerned for Soundscapes.

Back