Tool

While we're on the subject of Maynard the person, if you ever get a chance to get his wine (Caduceus Cellars) I recommend it. As a former Arizona resident I had the chance to go up to his wine tasting room in Jerome and try a number of his wines... all were quite excellent. Highly recommend the Anubis.

While we're on the subject of Maynard the person, if you ever get a chance to get his wine (Caduceus Cellars) I recommend it. As a former Arizona resident I had the chance to go up to his wine tasting room in Jerome and try a number of his wines... all were quite excellent. Highly recommend the Anubis.

I have a red, a Rosa, and a white waiting to be poured after the album drops! The red is a 2007 Anubis. Looking forward to trying it, I’ve been holding on to it for this moment!

I have a red, a Rosa, and a white waiting to be poured after the album drops! The red is a 2007 Anubis. Looking forward to trying it, I’ve been holding on to it for this moment!
Funny, I have a 2010 Anubis I've been holding onto for a while, looking for a good excuse to open it. I might have to follow your lead on the 30th with this plan!

I agree - I don't think there is an excuse for him being a douche. He's also probably the smallest part of TOOL at this point (I'll probably get push back for this but w/e).

TOOL is primarily a project between Danny, Adam and Justin. They write all the music, and Maynard comes in at the last moment and records vocals over top of the finished music. Adam does all the artwork, etc. Maynard is off doing APC, Puscifer, his wine and restaurants, etc. He is a very busy, prolific guy and only spends the minimum required time with TOOL at this point. He has a nice voice and I dig his lyricism.

I have pretty much resigned myself to killing my idols, and I'm not a 16 year old Maynard fanboi anymore thank God. I can enjoy the art while separating what a purported jerk Maynard is rumored to be.

You were the boy wearing Vans, 501s and the Dope Beasties T aren’t you.

I was 6 years old in ‘92 for the first EP. So... no?
source.gif

I've been to both his Merkin (yes, like the pubic wig) winery locations in Cottonwood and Jerome. Both had great atmosphere, wine, food and merch. The merch seemed to lean more heavily toward APC and Puscifer, which I thought was interesting. All the employees were very friendly and seemed to truly enjoy being there.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe his Jerome location is having a listening party where they get to hear the new album a day early. People are saying that would be the place he shows up at, if anywhere.

I read this previously and found it annoying.
The author clearly puts their own sense of nostalgia above progress, personal growth, bands making a living, and new fans discovering great music.
It’s like he thinks this new album might have been Tool transforming into Sugar Ray. I don’t expect to go to a Tool show surrounded by tweens there to belt out a single from the radio just because they made a new album.

I try not to hate on things, but in my mind that article was weak, and discourages the growth of artists and music.

I read this previously and found it annoying.
The author clearly puts their own sense of nostalgia above progress, personal growth, bands making a living, and new fans discovering great music.
It’s like he thinks this new album might have been Tool transforming into Sugar Ray. I don’t expect to go to a Tool show surrounded by tweens there to belt out a single from the radio just because they made a new album.

I try not to hate on things, but in my mind that article was weak, and discourages the growth of artists and music.
I thought it was a waste of breath too. It's one thing to take a position explaining why ANY band shouldn't continue to release music after a certain period of time and perceived quality, but to position yourself as a lifelong fan and denounce something that hasn't been released yet, just seems unnecessary.

I don’t think I’ve listened to Tool in over ten years but I’m going through the albums again (pretty sure I have Lateralus and 10,000 Days on CD buried somewhere but whatever). Anyways the new single is fine and will probably work better in the context of the album. I just hope there isn’t too much mindless noodling. I also came across this bullshit again Tool: Lateralus Album Review | Pitchfork :ROFLMAO: I wish they would write reviews like that now but that will never happen. Still my favorite Tool album. I am also not sure if I can get through each of these albums anymore.

I’ve been a casual Tool fan for a while. I’ve always heard their songs on my dad’s radio when I was a kid, but I never listened to any off their full albums until now.

I just finished Undertow and it was great! I also listened to the new single, and I like it a lot. I’m so excited for this new album.

Back