Tool

I'm going to call my local box office today and see if they can give me info about purchasing directly at the venue. If I can take half a day off work and stand in line for a couple hours to snag 100 level tickets at face (I'm buying 4), that's well worth the ~$1,400 in savings over VIP.

I'm at the mercy of the internet unfortunately.
But, I'm not above paying a little extra on SeatGeek or Stubhub.
However, John Lennon and George Harrison would have to come back from the dead for a Beatles Reunion before I'd pay $1400 for ANY show. (and those seats had better be lower bowl at least for that price).

I'm at the mercy of the internet unfortunately.
But, I'm not above paying a little extra on SeatGeek or Stubhub.
However, John Lennon and George Harrison would have to come back from the dead for a Beatles Reunion before I'd pay $1400 for ANY show. (and those seats had better be lower bowl at least for that price).

Right, the $1400 is the difference over 4 tickets at $350 VIP premium per pop.

If I end up getting stuck buying scalped tickets for $400 a piece I am going to be kicking myself for not just buying VIP. At this point I’m resigning myself to the risk.

Right, the $1400 is the difference over 4 tickets at $350 VIP premium per pop.

If I end up getting stuck buying scalped tickets for $400 a piece I am going to be kicking myself for not just buying VIP. At this point I’m resigning myself to the risk.

Yeah - I cant see throwing $350 at a Tool show either...unless I'm being given a private cabana, on set, with drink service.

Anyone looking at grabbing tickets to this tour? I stupidly joined ToolArmy for $50 after the press release wording implied a pre-sale for regular tickets starting today, but it appears it's just for $500 VIP (sans Q&A). I don't feel great about shelling out that kind of dough for early entry and a T-shirt, so I'm going to try my luck on Friday battling the Bots.
I did the same thing. I'm hoping it pays off in TA Exclusive Vinyl Variant. Otherwise...
I'm going to try and get tix to the Atlantic City show and get a little craps in after the show.
Several people on other social media are saying they plan to dispute their Tool Army charge based on how the first post was represented. I’m still holding out for early access/exclusive vinyl, and I got my TA a few months ago.

But I agree with everyone, that “pre-sale” sucked. Even if you got in, you could only buy one ticket at a time, and they still charged processing and service fees. All in (with TA fee) it was almost $570/ticket, and a good chance you’d be going alone. That San Antonio page said it was already sold out at 10:01, so I’m certainly not holding my breath for regular seats on Friday, but I’ll try.

*Edit - I also hate not knowing even a price range before ticket sales. Who knows what it will cost come Friday.

Last edited:
Several people on other social media are saying they plan to dispute their Tool Army charge based on how the first post was represented. I’m still holding out for early access/exclusive vinyl, and I got my TA a few months ago.

But I agree with everyone, that “pre-sale” sucked. Even if you got in, you could only buy one ticket at a time, and they still charged processing and service fees. All in (with TA fee) it was almost $570/ticket, and a good chance you’d be going alone. That San Antonio page said it was already sold out at 10:01, so I’m certainly not holding my breath for regular seats on Friday, but I’ll try.

*Edit - I also hate not knowing even a price range before ticket sales. Who knows what it will cost come Friday.

"Tier 1" tickets on my venue's site says $125. Seems the $150 range for best tickets (if you can beat the bots, lol) is a good bet.

"Tier 1" tickets on my venue's site says $125. Seems the $150 range for best tickets (if you can beat the bots, lol) is a good bet.
That’s about what I was thinking. I’ll probably end up passing on this tour if that’s the case. If I’m traveling for a show, I’d want pretty good seats. But $125 each + fees + travel... probably a little rich for me at the moment. But once I’m a click away that could all change.

You would, except both Ticketmaster and the huge bands benefit from that bullshit system.
Ticket master does and I assume in another ten years we will all get some more free tickets after some sues the fuck out of them again. But how are bands profiting?

Jesus. I’m sorry, I’m not paying that to see a band, anymore. I did once for U2, they bailed. I did again for U2 had a miserable experience. The last time was for Punch Brothers and it was great... a q&a, a private concert and a whole Merch bundle. But the annoying couple hours early paired with my wife’s anxiety were not the best experience. We did score free parking because of the early arrival though. Also, I fail to see why Metallica and Paul mcCartney charge those prices but Bon Iver can have $25 tix in the same venues. Something doesn’t smell right in Denver.

Jesus. I’m sorry, I’m not paying that to see a band, anymore. I did once for U2, they bailed. I did again for U2 had a miserable experience. The last time was for Punch Brothers and it was great... a q&a, a private concert and a whole Merch bundle. But the annoying couple hours early paired with my wife’s anxiety were not the best experience. We did score free parking because of the early arrival though. Also, I fail to see why Metallica and Paul mcCartney charge those prices but Bon Iver can have $25 tix in the same venues. Something doesn’t smell right in Denver.
Although I agree that ticket prices are spiraling upwards, I can say that having seen Bon Iver and Metallica within a year of each other, Metallica's show costs a lot more because the set is a LOT bigger. I would not be shocked if the power alone for Metallica's stage cost more then the entire production cost of the Bon Iver show. They also didn't play the same size venue, but still. Bon Iver's stage production was nothing spectacular. They performed well, but it's not the same level of showmanship.
Metallica played at the Cowboys stadium and it was probably one of the top 3 largest stages I have ever seen. I think they could have done a lot more with it, but it was obviously extremely expensive. Metallica also had 4 opening bands, including Avenge Sevenfold who I previously had paid to see headline at the same venue Bon Iver had played at. High profile openers drives the costs of tickets up too.

I think the size of the production should dictate the cost more in my mind. For example, Rob Zombie's show is pretty insane these days. Huge stage production that clearly requires a ton of rehearsal and staff. And Manson opened for him. Those tickets where somehow cheaper than the Avett Brothers at the same venue, with almost the exact same seats. Avett puts on a great show, but their stage production was virtually zero. Lights and a banner. They run the stage with their personality and performance. But when it comes to bang for the buck... Zombie/Manson was a steal by comparison.

I will say I've grown very tired of shows the rely purely on a video screen for stage production. I get that those are expensive to program, put up, and move. But it's so over done. Give me some theatrics! That is something I would expect Tool to deliver on.

Although I agree that ticket prices are spiraling upwards, I can say that having seen Bon Iver and Metallica within a year of each other, Metallica's show costs a lot more because the set is a LOT bigger. I would not be shocked if the power alone for Metallica's stage cost more then the entire production cost of the Bon Iver show. They also didn't play the same size venue, but still. Bon Iver's stage production was nothing spectacular. They performed well, but it's not the same level of showmanship.
Metallica played at the Cowboys stadium and it was probably one of the top 3 largest stages I have ever seen. I think they could have done a lot more with it, but it was obviously extremely expensive. Metallica also had 4 opening bands, including Avenge Sevenfold who I previously had paid to see headline at the same venue Bon Iver had played at. High profile openers drives the costs of tickets up too.

I think the size of the production should dictate the cost more in my mind. For example, Rob Zombie's show is pretty insane these days. Huge stage production that clearly requires a ton of rehearsal and staff. And Manson opened for him. Those tickets where somehow cheaper than the Avett Brothers at the same venue, with almost the exact same seats. Avett puts on a great show, but their stage production was virtually zero. Lights and a banner. They run the stage with their personality and performance. But when it comes to bang for the buck... Zombie/Manson was a steal by comparison.

I will say I've grown very tired of shows the rely purely on a video screen for stage production. I get that those are expensive to program, put up, and move. But it's so over done. Give me some theatrics! That is something I would expect Tool to deliver on.
I mean I just want to see a good band play good music. I’ve seen the pyrotechnics and enjoy them but I don’t want to deal with the crowds or expense any more.

I used that example because McCartney and Bon Iver and Metallica all played the exact same venue here. I get production value, I guess but Metallica’s center stage here meant they set an attendance record at the venue. They literally sold about 25% more tix than Paul could even have. Tickets were comparable. Bon Iver’s most expensive tickets are the nose bleed prices for those shows.

Yeah, I also get not wanting to fight the crowds. For us, the biggest thing is seats vs standing these days. But the weeknight shows certainly require more of a desire now too. Just fighting rush hour to make it home and back to a venue by 7:30 is frustrating.

I know this might sound insane to some people, but man Fear Inoculum could be longer. Even at eighty-five minutes it leaves me wanting more.

In other news, I’ve really grown to love 10,000 Days recently. Not sure why I didn’t dig it so many years ago. It’s fucking great, and I hope an official vinyl release is coming soon.

I know this might sound insane to some people, but man Fear Inoculum could be longer. Even at eighty-five minutes it leaves me wanting more.

In other news, I’ve really grown to love 10,000 Days recently. Not sure why I didn’t dig it so many years ago. It’s fucking great, and I hope an official vinyl release is coming soon.

My Tool take today is that the new album is more listenable than anything else in their discography. I’m not ready to say it’s their best, but I am really enjoying this “mature” sound with less screaming/swearing.

I also snagged tickets to the San An show. The fees were downright offensive at $38+/ticket. Honestly the total with the fees is leaving me with a little buyers remorse.
A service fee of $38+ would have me nope-ing out of there immediately. I would pay that if Joe Strummer came back to life and the Clash had a reunion tour.

A service fee of $38+ would have me nope-ing out of there immediately. I would pay that if Joe Strummer came back to life and the Clash had a reunion tour.
I mostly jumped on it because I figured re-selling later if I have too much buyers remorse would be easier than trying to justify higher prices if FOMO kicked in for not buying them.

Back