This Time It's Personal: The November 2023 Record Challenge Thread

November 29
Them: “Only two copies left of the overpriced poop-colored vinyl variant of this overly-varianted album! DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS”
You:

tina-fey-high-five.gif

Okay, just a little more neurophysiology: our reward centers in our brains have become flooded with dopamine every time we make a vinyl purchase. Why else would an animated GIF of Tina Fey giving herself a high-five still make us feel so happy (if you don’t get this reference, consider yourself lucky)? What is a record that you purchased simply out of impulsivity?

Going back to those first few months of that old record club I was in, I'd buy SO many titles when the store opened, plenty of impulsive purchases. Artists I didn't know, or had only listened to one song before adding to my cart. This is one, but it also happens to be one that I love and am so glad I bought it blind/impulsively.

IMG_6384.JPG

November 29
Them: “Only two copies left of the overpriced poop-colored vinyl variant of this overly-varianted album! DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS”
You:

tina-fey-high-five.gif

Billy Idol - Billy Idol

IMG_6438.jpeg

I think I ended up PIFing all my impulse buys from VMP. I bought this recently, impulsively because it was free plus shipping and I thought, Oh sweet, I like “Rebel Yell” and upon its arrival I realized, Aw hell, this one doesn’t have “Rebel Yell!” Rebel Yell has “Rebel Yell.”

November 30
“Looks like we made it. Look how far we’ve come, my babyyyy”

You did it! Nice work. A closing selection is always tough. If your life were a TV series, what song would you choose to play right before the credits roll at the end of your finale? Digital high-five if you include a link so that we can listen to it and cry about how our favorite show is now over (or complain about how there were so many loose-ends that were never resolved).

This was the first song I thought of so I'll go with it...
And hey, cool, I finished a challenge! The couple months didn't work out as well on that front.

Thanks @Wes C. Attle for running this month!

Tom Waits - Anywhere I Lay My Head
IMG_6385.JPG

Thank you, everyone for playing this month! Hope you all had a good time. I loved reading your stories and feel like I know you all a little more. I like you people.

I’ll do the wheel spin for a prize for all those who completed each day. You have until December 6th!

Back