Third Man Records Vault

Just did side A last night before going to sleep - didn’t detect any pressing issues but everything bad people have said about the source is correct.

How does the recording quality here compare to the Bonnaroo vault? I’ve always had an eye out for that set, but figured this one would be a good substitute since it’s same era (and even a pretty similar set list).

Yes exactly. It may not even be a record. It could be a eggplant. WHO KNOWS BUT NO MATTER WHAT IT'S GOING TO BE BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL TRUTH YOU DISCOVER UPON OPENING IT

box.gif

Took me three days to get through it. Quality does get better over the discs, and mine didn't have any pressing issues beyond lots of dust & static. But what a terrible mix. I can't imagine it will get much replay.

Just listened to the first lp and I feel like I gotta address some of this fake news I'm seeing here. Is it bad? Yes, absolutely. Is it the worst sounding thing in my collection? Very possibly, definitely in the running for that title! But it is absolutely NOT an eggplant, no matter what anybody says.

What was the question again?

Just for fun I cranked the bass on my receiver's eq and it's maybe a little better. But good lord how did they think this was acceptable? What's most frustrating is they got everything about this one right except the thing that mattered. The pictures are gorgeous, the package is awesome, the show was a great one to pick. But this is just a terrible listen. I don't even have any issues with the vinyl itself (will know for sure after a full play through).

I'm sorry y'all, @Mather is right I'm a different person now.

Did anyone else get a 7” that’s pressed hilariously off-center, with pretty much no lead-in on one whole side? I’ve never seen anything like it before; trying to land the stylus (especially on the 45 rpm B side) is terrifying.

Also, while the recording isn’t pristine by any means, it’s kind of funny how much better the tracks recorded at SNL, in a studio notorious for its horrible acoustics, sound than the Masonic Temple LPs. That place must just be impossible to record in.

Did anyone else get a 7” that’s pressed hilariously off-center, with pretty much no lead-in on one whole side? I’ve never seen anything like it before; trying to land the stylus (especially on the 45 rpm B side) is terrifying.

Also, while the recording isn’t pristine by any means, it’s kind of funny how much better the tracks recorded at SNL, in a studio notorious for its horrible acoustics, sound than the Masonic Temple LPs. That place must just be impossible to record in.
I'm not gunna lie, I never even looked at the 7". Just boxed the whole thing back up and to the local it will go for whatever they give me for it.

This is Jack White we're talking about here. That might be a feature.
Land the stylus on the fat side of the lead-in and it plays the SNL track. If you can land it on the other side it plays JW guesting on “New York City Cops” at Radio City in ‘02.

I'm not gunna lie, I never even looked at the 7". Just boxed the whole thing back up and to the local it will go for whatever they give me for it.
Mine is still in the box and I’m trying to sell it...y’all made me worried that I don’t want even want to mess with it ...I could have the only pressing that sounds great but oh well😂

Mine is still in the box and I’m trying to sell it...y’all made me worried that I don’t want even want to mess with it ...I could have the only pressing that sounds great but oh well😂
I got almost the entire set replaced and the second set is no better than the first... so this is... possible and yet.... unlikely.

Back