Third Man Records Vault

United had sort of been the de facto plant for them for the entire time they’ve been in business until they opened the Detroit facility. I’ve never really noticed anything awful in their pressings for the past decade but I also don’t have a particularly fussy set up or have had some of the glaring visible defects some here have gotten.

This one feels like a perfect storm of subpar audio and bad pressings. really disappointing this was the one they fucked up.

Overall I’ve been really happy with my Vault Sub. Don’t let one bad experience completely do u in.

Isn’t there another pressing plant in Nashville 3rdMan could use? 🤔
Idk, I’d be hesitant to risk it again. If I see something I’m really interested, then maybe.

It does seem to be the general consensus that the packages are generally good and this one just happened to be a rare blunder.

Idk, I’d be hesitant to risk it again. If I see something I’m really interested, then maybe.

It does seem to be the general consensus that the packages are generally good and this one just happened to be a rare blunder.

Like any sub some releases are better than others. I use the $5 a mth TIDAL option so I never jump in-and-out as I like TIDAL.

IMHO...With 3rdMan there is often one dud in any given year but also at least one that is excellent. Balances out.

However, there r lots of options for one’s limited vinyl $$$s these days.

I just listened to about 1/2 of side one of lp one. My pressing seems good but the audio is pretty bad. I stopped it and went on to play something else.

In short, I can see why you would leery. FWIW I have 25 Vaults.

Mine arrived today and I am currently listening to the first lp. Side B has some surface noise even after I cleaned it and the lp is warped.
I was honestly expecting the sound to be worse. Maybe it was all my years of listening to live shows either from soundboard or fan recordings.
If people have never listened to a soundboard show before, I could totally understand the complaints.
I’m really liking the energy of the show.

Got mine today finally - haven’t spun it yet but in adding it to discogs I see that copies opened and spun once are listed in the $60-65 range...not a good sign.
Just remember, that person you are now, pre Vault 47 listen... You'll never be that person again after you spin this. Are you absolutely sure you want to do this to yourself?

But if he hasn't listened to it, isn't the record like Schrodinger's Cat. It is both perfectly pressed and sounds wonderful while simultaneously being warped, plagued by non-fills and crappy sound.
Yes exactly. It may not even be a record. It could be a eggplant. WHO KNOWS BUT NO MATTER WHAT IT'S GOING TO BE BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL TRUTH YOU DISCOVER UPON OPENING IT

I’ve still only mustered up the courage to listen to the first LP... I’m not ready yet to lose more of my soul finishing the set...

Back