Third Man Records Vault

I might be mistaken but I believe the only direct to acetate live stuff they do comes out of the Blue Room in Nashville. This will probably be a as standard concert recording, albeit with the same care they’ve put into recording these the past few years.
Oh for sure, I just meant I was impressed by the fidelity on that one, and I was also impressed by the quality of the audio on the one track they made available on the vault site. So I have high hopes.

I didn't realize that by joining The Vault you got such a big discount with Tidal. Nice perk
Just FYI, if you cancel at any time that goes away. I was in for a few quarters, sat out a couple, then back in. It's not an option for me now, but to be fair I haven't asked them to reinstate it or see if I can otherwise get it again.

How long do you have to cancel after they announce the next one? Couple weeks?

How long do you have to cancel after they announce the next one? Couple weeks?

Its all based on your sign up date. You'll get charged in 3 months. If you dont use the tidal code and.domt expect to buy things in the vault novelties store, then id say cancel right away to be safe.

Last edited:
Its all based on your sign up date. You'll get charged in 3 months. If you dont use the tidal code and.domt expect to buy things in the vault novelties store, then is say cancel right away to be safe.
Ohhhh, so how long after the cut off date do these usually ship? Couple months?

Ohhhh, so how long after the cut off date do these usually ship? Couple months?

Yah roughly. I think the stripes greatest hits sign up deadline was Oct 31st and the last people to get that one received it in the last week and that's with usps Xmas slow down.

Yah roughly. I think the stripes greatest hits sign up deadline was Oct 31st and the last people to get that one received it in the last week and that's with usps Xmas slow down.
So if wait until after Jan 31st when this one is locked in, cancel my sub. Then when they announce the next one I can sign back up again if I want it... yes?

yes, they are quarterly subscriptions, so usually something like January, April, July, October for sign ups. Wait til the last day of the month to sign up and then you'll be able to cancel in the announcement month after they announce the next one but before they charge you.

The Vault will always take your money too so don't worry about being waitlisted or anything. They press to demand, not create FOMO to get your cash in hand early.

I might be mistaken but I believe the only direct to acetate live stuff they do comes out of the Blue Room in Nashville. This will probably be a as standard concert recording, albeit with the same care they’ve put into recording these the past few years.
Agreed. I’m expecting more like the last JW live package (pretty good for a live recording) than Billie Eilish at TMR (fucking amazing).

yes, they are quarterly subscriptions, so usually something like January, April, July, October for sign ups. Wait til the last day of the month to sign up and then you'll be able to cancel in the announcement month after they announce the next one but before they charge you.

The Vault will always take your money too so don't worry about being waitlisted or anything. They press to demand, not create FOMO to get your cash in hand early.
I’ve said this a million times already but: while I completely understand the logic set forth above, and believe fully that there is no chance of it being “sold out” or “waitlisted”, it is an enormous struggle for me to not smash the subscribe button the instant that I see a package that I want.

However, I’ve come to realize that there’s a flip side to this disorder: by the time I’m done tracking my delivery in late March, I’ll already be checking the TMR website, social media and this thread multiple times per day to see if they’ve announced the new one yet. So there is little chance of me getting caught off guard and missing a cancellation if I want to get out.

I’ve said this a million times already but: while I completely understand the logic set forth above, and believe fully that there is no chance of it being “sold out” or “waitlisted”, it is an enormous struggle for me to not smash the subscribe button the instant that I see a package that I want.

However, I’ve come to realize that there’s a flip side to this disorder: by the time I’m done tracking my delivery in late March, I’ll already be checking the TMR website, social media and this thread multiple times per day to see if they’ve announced the new one yet. So there is little chance of me getting caught off guard and missing a cancellation if I want to get out.
Yeah I signed up the day after announcement which means for the next one they might not even announce before I get charged so I'm gunna have to cancel Feb 1st. But I'm the same, I'll be checking daily for the new one around March/April so I'm not really worried about missing out, more worries about forgetting to cancel first...

Yeah I signed up the day after announcement which means for the next one they might not even announce before I get charged so I'm gunna have to cancel Feb 1st. But I'm the same, I'll be checking daily for the new one around March/April so I'm not really worried about missing out, more worries about forgetting to cancel first...
Can somebody set a reminder to remind us all of canceling feb 1st:)

Well inevitably as I start wandering by the TMR site every day to check on an announcement it will eventually occur to me to check my account page for when exactly my renewal is up (which happened this quarter - I knew I was set to renew yesterday and actually cancelled my sub on Sunday).

The JW acoustic show from Vault 28 has been posted on Nugs for Third Man Thursday. This is another Vault release I don’t own but have kept an eye on - TBD whether having it available digitally will make me more or less likely to pull the trigger on a copy.

The JW acoustic show from Vault 28 has been posted on Nugs for Third Man Thursday. This is another Vault release I don’t own but have kept an eye on - TBD whether having it available digitally will make me more or less likely to pull the trigger on a copy.

That vault package is outstanding. You get both that show and the AK show on DVD. I think I've watched most of my vault DVDs only once for the most part but that one I've watched a whole bunch.

Twas the first Vault release I ever picked up, so it holds a special place in my heart. Like @JonnyH said, it's a phenomenal package all around.

Back