White Stripes final show
Jack live at TMR 2012
Pearl Jam live at TMR
Icky Thump X
White Stripes Live in Detroit
Pearl Jam
Consolers of the Lonely
[Holding a spot open for this one]

I'm not a TMR Vault completionist but I dip in and out when they release something I like. After sitting out for awhile, I signed back up for the Johnny Cash release (which is actually a bit disappointing IMO). I forgot to cancel afterward and got auto charged for the Greatest Hits, which I did not want and fought with them for a refund, to no avail. Well, Greatest Hits finally arrived last week, and it's...great. It's like I made a Spotify playlist of my favorite Stripes songs and hit Shuffle, but on vinyl.

That's a spot-on description of it [pun unintended, but is a happy accident].

For sure yeah, not bad at all, I'm more wondering about the actual packaging, whether they ship in solid boxes etc...
The packaging changes for each vault. Sometimes whiplash mailers but other times something more custom (the XX packages were solid boxes). The LPs have been taken out on occasion too, but not always (they were for Greatest Hits) - not sure if it's been a problem for anyone, but I've never had seam-splits.

Cash was my first Vault and hung around for greatest hits but cancelled today. I'm sure I'd enjoy it and I'd be betting it will only go up in value but I just won't play it enough to justify it.

Favorite past Vaults... go!

for me it’s the following:
Dead Weather Live at Third Man
Greenhorns - Boscobel Blues
White Stripes final show
Jack live at TMR 2012
Pearl Jam live at TMR

Icky Thump - mono
Willie Nelson and Friends
White Stripes - live in Mississippi
Wanda Jackson - live at TMR
Raconteurs - live in London

Come on where is Jack White at Bonnaroo

I just watched the SNL set for the first time. How did I not hear about that performance until now? That was incredible. I’m even more excited for this release.

As did I went back to listen to a few songs...I’m letting it roll💸💸
Yeah, that posted video has super clean sound so my hopes are that even with the insane crowd noise this ends up being a pretty stellar master. And the setlist is unreal. I'm in.

That direct to acetate Billie Eilish TMR did sounds incredible. So I'm hoping for a similar quality.

I might be mistaken but I believe the only direct to acetate live stuff they do comes out of the Blue Room in Nashville. This will probably be a as standard concert recording, albeit with the same care they’ve put into recording these the past few years.

Back