Third Man Records Vault

I've held off on a lot of these Vaults simply because I've not been very impressed with the quality of the pressings coming out of TMR that I've had. But it seems like they take more care with these Vault releases than they do with their wide release stuff. I have the Sleep box and the pressings are perfect and I've not heard of many issues with the Vault stuff. How's this one sound? I know compilations can generally sound worse than the standard album versions but obviously they have access to all the masters they'd need for anything White Stripes.

I've held off on a lot of these Vaults simply because I've not been very impressed with the quality of the pressings coming out of TMR that I've had. But it seems like they take more care with these Vault releases than they do with their wide release stuff. I have the Sleep box and the pressings are perfect and I've not heard of many issues with the Vault stuff. How's this one sound? I know compilations can generally sound worse than the standard album versions but obviously they have access to all the masters they'd need for anything White Stripes.
One day, I’ll get mine and be able to tell you.

I also love the Wizard of Oz prints... so I’m sure I’ll end up with the brother sister ones... wonder what the other ones look like.

I’m going to clean them and give them a spin over the weekend. I’m just waiting for tomorrow to see if any of my packages in postal purgatory make an appearance before filling the spin clean!

My LP2 actually had an audible and visible non-fill patch throughout Jolene. I got a replacement on the way. I felt this comp also had some pops and clicks throughout but I'm not sure if it's baked into the vinyl or if it was just static. The Vaults are generally excellent, but yeah, issues happen. The last 4 were stellar (live Raconteurs, live Johnny Cash and the 2 White Stripes XX). There is a decent amount of warps though, but everything I get is warped these days, including records from audiophile labels. The VF is getting good mileage.

Well, this is my first Vault and the whole package is pretty great. Much more than you get in a lot of 3lp sets, if you're into all the extras. Which I mostly am, especially the Rob Jones prints. That being said, my disc 1 (the white one) is warped and pretty damn poppy. Just getting started with disc 2 (red) and it's sounding better through the first song. Hoping the rest is decent. I know it's the Stripes and they're lo-fi pretty much, but the popping between tracks and quiet points was more than I want to be ok with.

Well, this is my first Vault and the whole package is pretty great. Much more than you get in a lot of 3lp sets, if you're into all the extras. Which I mostly am, especially the Rob Jones prints. That being said, my disc 1 (the white one) is warped and pretty damn poppy. Just getting started with disc 2 (red) and it's sounding better through the first song. Hoping the rest is decent. I know it's the Stripes and they're lo-fi pretty much, but the popping between tracks and quiet points was more than I want to be ok with.
Yeah honestly this is my experience with almost every TMR pressing I've ever owned.

Back