Third Man Records Vault

Album sounds great, but everything feels cheaper on this one than many other Vault packages. Its a simple gatefold, the liner notes are on a torn piece of paper and not informative, and those damn paper sleeves. The DVD almost seems like an afterthought as well.

I'm sure getting a Cash exclusive broke the budget and the music is great, but this package feels like it should have been 20-25 bucks cheaper and I'd have been really pleased.
Just got mine yesterday, going to listen this morning but I agree with this. It‘s not up to the usual standards for a Vault release in terms of packaging. And it got me to go back to the original announcement to see how they described it then, and a previously-overlooked detail caught my eye this time:

“Third Man Records, in conjunction with Sony Music...”

Strong chance that 1-2 Vaults a year start turning into just overpriced Sony catalog releases.

Received my Vault a few days ago. Since it’s my first one, I don’t have anything to compare it to. Sound is great! Not really disappointed that the “vintage white” turned out clear. I learned a while ago to set my expectations very low when it comes to the initial mock-up. However the gold on the 7 inch turned out much better! The packaging for the DVD is fine. It actually compliments the record sleeve nicely. While it is a bummer that the entire performance isn’t available, it does state that the whole thing wasn’t filmed. Overall I’m pretty happy with this. It’s a nice piece of history. My only complaint would be the paper inners. The way it was shipped, they ended up getting creased on the corners. They should definitely use MoFi style inners for the price.

Received my Vault a few days ago. Since it’s my first one, I don’t have anything to compare it to. Sound is great! Not really disappointed that the “vintage white” turned out clear. I learned a while ago to set my expectations very low when it comes to the initial mock-up. However the gold on the 7 inch turned out much better! The packaging for the DVD is fine. It actually compliments the record sleeve nicely. While it is a bummer that the entire performance isn’t available, it does state that the whole thing wasn’t filmed. Overall I’m pretty happy with this. It’s a nice piece of history. My only complaint would be the paper inners. The way it was shipped, they ended up getting creased on the corners. They should definitely use MoFi style inners for the price.
First thing I did after spinning was switch to MoFi inners. Really, really pleased with the quality of the recording.

How do I reactivate my subscription? I cancelled after I was charged for 45 but want 46. I'm not seeing anywhere on the account page to resubscribe

How do I reactivate my subscription? I cancelled after I was charged for 45 but want 46. I'm not seeing anywhere on the account page to resubscribe
Their website is sort of clunky. You should be able to just log in and sign up again basically. You have until the end of the month. Go to your dashboard and click Vault subscriptions on the left.

With this whole vault thing when do I have to cancel by to ensure I don’t get something painful like General Bovine Ticker presents Oh Look Its a Fish Face Let’s Make Noise, Musical Emperors New Clothes next quarter?
You have to cancel within 90 days of when you initially subscribed. So if you subscribed on Oct 15, you have to cancel by Jan 15.

So what's the current intl rate for the vault. I might actually want this ws greatest hits set

So what's the current intl rate for the vault. I might actually want this ws greatest hits set

It worked out as €75 for me after the $85 was deducted and currency swapped. This made me realise I need to start a diet...

Back