The VPI Turntable Thread

VPI posted what appears to be a Cliffwood with a JMW-9 arm and potentially a Scout platter? I’ve said no to unipivot, but the idea that my deck could potentially be upgraded to this config……

VPI posted what appears to be a Cliffwood with a JMW-9 arm and potentially a Scout platter? I’ve said no to unipivot, but the idea that my deck could potentially be upgraded to this config……

VPI is always playing around with hybrid configs. I noted the change in feet as well as the Prime Scout unipivot.

Is that this, a Cliffwood Plus?
This would be beyond the Cliffwood Plus. Cliffwood Plus has the Player gimbal arm and a Scout platter, and the one on IG has a JMW-9 unipivot and as @Angsty astutely pointed out, feet upgrade as well.

They’re such fascinatingly simple builds to me. For example, the Classic has the same motor and pulley as the Cliffwood! Obviously everything else is different, but I always find it interesting how close in design everything is.

Anybody know what the deal is with the Classic Signature line? It's on their website but I can't find it anywhere else really. It's a couple years old at this point no?

Anybody know what the deal is with the Classic Signature line? It's on their website but I can't find it anywhere else really. It's a couple years old at this point no?

Music Direct, Upscale and few other US places have it listed for sale. I know that doesn’t help you per se but it does seem to exist out there in the wider world.

I believe the “signature” portion was just when they were starting to 3D print the unipivot arms, if I’m not mistaken.

Music Direct, Upscale and few other US places have it listed for sale. I know that doesn’t help you per se but it does seem to exist out there in the wider world.
Yeah it's strange that I can't find it listed in Canada anywhere. Can find every other model including the crazy $120,000 ones but no Classic Signature....

Yeah it's strange that I can't find it listed in Canada anywhere. Can find every other model including the crazy $120,000 ones but no Classic Signature....

Distributors can make decisions sometimes to only import things that they think will fit a sales hole in their market at its price point. The Canadian distributor may just have decided it wasn’t a viable seller and not bothered. It only seems to be widely available in the home market, the couple of places I know in Europe that sell VPI don’t carry it either.

And actually saying that if you really did want it I doubt they couldn’t do a one off import. The Musical Fidelity distributor in Ireland didn’t carry the streamer I wanted but when I enquired they agreed to do a one off order and I got it at list.

And actually saying that if you really did want it I doubt they couldn’t do a one off import. The Musical Fidelity distributor in Ireland didn’t carry the streamer I wanted but when I enquired they agreed to do a one off order and I got it at list.
Oh for sure, it'll just be nearly impossible to get a decent price on it if I have to do a special order. Nearly everything VPI related has been on sale throughout December so I suspect they may be doing new hardware releases next year, just guessing but I'm hoping maybe they announce something Classic related.

Last edited:
Finger on the trigger, but not fired yet!
After spending an unexpected pile this past week on other projects before Christmas shopping, the opportunity for a Classic seems to be slipping away.

Too bad; it seemed like it would have been a fun adventure. It’ll have to wait until later.

After spending an unexpected pile this past week on other projects before Christmas shopping, the opportunity for a Classic seems to be slipping away.

Too bad; it seemed like it would have been a fun adventure. It’ll have to wait until later.
I'm aiming for spring if I can find a Signature Classic somewhere up here.

I hear that. Had a couple small upgrades I wanted to do, and the Christmas shopping has just totally pushed that back for a bit. Like everything else, gosh has it gotten expensive.

Back