THE (Thee) Oh Sees thread

I'm still on a few email lists from my music blogging days, and I just found a promo download of the new album in mp3 in my inbox... looking forward to giving it a listen later today!
did you get to listen to Protean Threat yet? I got my shipping notice earlier today, definitely excited to know it's on its way!

Excited to hear your thoughts at some point.
did you get to listen to Protean Threat yet? I got my shipping notice earlier today, definitely excited to know it's on its way!

I've given it one listen, but I definitely enjoyed it. It's shorter than their last couple, a bit more energetic and direct. I've liked the extended jams of their last couple of albums, so I kind of missed that, but I can see this one being a regular listen during runs.

dammit that song is really good. I don't want to import another record...I wonder if Castle Face will release this
Yeah I imagine that is what this part in the description means?

"2nd pressing
various vinyl colors
offset printed slip-in cover and innersleeve printed on heavy cardboard
will be distributed in the UK, USA and GERMANY
release date 22.01.2021 "

new video from Protean Threat

Also they announced their yearly 12":

Sup freaks

Those of you that have been following us for a while will be familiar with our tendency to do a mailorder only 12" single at the end of the year and this year will be no exception. May I introduce WEIRDO HAIRDO. John's got quite a bit of tune here - stretched out laffy taffy style across side A is the 20 minute plus barnburner title track that's part acid trip, part psychotic workout routine. The eagle eyed among you will recognize Don't Blow Your Mind as the burnt-fringe Alice Cooper cover from the Zebulon live video...and it's backed up by a stately and synthetic pop turn with Tear Ducks. Altogether a very far out disc, and fittingly we're going to play it a little different this time as far as selling these -

1. You can preorder it here for the next week. Tell your friends. They won't sell out.
2. 5pm Pacific Time on the 1st, pre-order will close, and I'll get the records into production.
3. When they're done, we'll send em out. Probably December, maybe January, who knows at this point

We live in the future now. For our European friends we've got somewhat discounted shipping available if you're in France and slightly discounted shipping for if you're in the EU or UK too (can't be combined with any other records though, just this one). Limited to two per customer.

Last edited:
Apparently a remix of some Protean Threat songs. Panther Rotate is an anagram.

Update on this, I guess not just Protean Threat songs since that released one isn't:

We just announced this morning the news that there's a companion piece LP to Protean Threat called Panther Rotate, comprised of recontextualizations and re-imaginings of the Protean Threat tracks while the boys were holed up in the studio this past March. First up is a cut-up of the aforementioned Alice Cooper & The Spiders tune Don't Blow Your Mind, you can dig it here. We're going to have a limited lenticular-covered edition of this just for our mailorder, with Kyle Ranson art above rendered in loving 3d, with the help of our friends at Parallax Printing as well as the usuals at Pirates Press, so stay tuned for that.

Tldr: 3D CAT BUTT!

Last edited:
Back