The Technics Turntable Fan Club - Questions, Advice, Discussion

Hey all,

I recently joined N&G. I make Technics Turntable Isolation Feet in my workshop. Mnpctech Turntable Isolation Feet Sets

I created discount code for you all. Just enter NEEDLES at checkout

DJ Remi posted this video comparison to stock foot.

Ordered a pair for my PLX1000.. look forward to giving them a try!! Thanks for the discount!

So a few weeks later, I have about 10 hours of playtime and I have noticed that the sound has really opened up on my system. The Grado Platinum3 is seemingly an excellent match and very musical.

As to the Technics, it is definitely a tank and an improvement in every way over my old uTurn. Very happy with it.

So a few weeks later, I have about 10 hours of playtime and I have noticed that the sound has really opened up on my system. The Grado Platinum3 is seemingly an excellent match and very musical.
I'm also looking at a low output Grado Timbre as my next cart. I was wondering what led you to choose the Platinum3 over the Opus3?

I'm also looking at a low output Grado Timbre as my next cart. I was wondering what led you to choose the Platinum3 over the Opus3?
Good question, certainly the Opus3 has great reviews but from everything I read the Platinum3 was a step up and it was in the budget I was willing to spend. I didn't want to get the Opus3 and then wonder whether I should have gotten the Platinum3.

When it's time to trade in, I'll like trade up the chain but I don't have the upgraditis as much as I think I would have.

I know that's not a real precise answer with a scientific reason for it, but that's how these things work.

Good question, certainly the Opus3 has great reviews but from everything I read the Platinum3 was a step up and it was in the budget I was willing to spend. I didn't want to get the Opus3 and then wonder whether I should have gotten the Platinum3.

When it's time to trade in, I'll like trade up the chain but I don't have the upgraditis as much as I think I would have.

I know that's not a real precise answer with a scientific reason for it, but that's how these things work.
Thanks, that makes sense, get the best within your budget in the series, no regrets.

Last edited:
Did anyone see that the Technics SL 1500-C is now in stock in the US? I’m so tempted….

Have you got the 100C over there now too? That’s the one I’ve always half considered because it’s the 1500C without the built in phono stage and I already have one of those.

Have you got the 100C over there now too? That’s the one I’ve always half considered because it’s the 1500C without the built in phono stage and I already have one of those.
Oh right. It’s been a while since I looked and I mixed up the model numbers. I’m waiting for the 100c and it’s still nowhere to be found. Sigh.

Oh right. It’s been a while since I looked and I mixed up the model numbers. I’m waiting for the 100c and it’s still nowhere to be found. Sigh.

Amazon, unfortunately, has it as an exclusive over here, so that’s probably the place to keep an eye on for it.

Back