The Technics Turntable Fan Club - Questions, Advice, Discussion

Perusing the bay today and came across this cart alignment on a table for sale and am trying to figure out if I’m missing something… DJ thing?View attachment 110968
On the one side I feel like if you fucked this up you surely fucked other things up too. On the other side I feel like maybe I can get a steal cause you think this otherwise fabulous table just sounds like shit and must be a lemon.

On the one side I feel like if you fucked this up you surely fucked other things up too. On the other side I feel like maybe I can get a steal cause you think this otherwise fabulous table just sounds like shit and must be a lemon.
I had the exact same thoughts. Lol

Cancelled my pre-order today... just lost interest tbh. 7 months without a single update. I'll spend the money elsewhere.

Well.. just placed an order after 1200GR's became available at HiFiHeaven.. I'll believe it when it ships. Getting the GR rather than the G seemingly will get me 75-80% there according to most accounts. The savings will buy a new phono pre which I hope will get me another 10% improvement.. it's close enough and likely more than I could wish for. Keyed in on the ART9Xi or the Soundsmith Carmen.. two very differnt options. Only modification I'll do is the KAB damper.. liked it on the PLX1000 a lot. Not sure where I'll go for the phono pre yet.. might try a tube based?

Well.. just placed an order after 1200GR's became available at HiFiHeaven.. I'll believe it when it ships. Getting the GR rather than the G seemingly will get me 75-80% there according to most accounts. The savings will buy a new phono pre which I hope will get me another 10% improvement.. it's close enough and likely more than I could wish for. Keyed in on the ART9Xi or the Soundsmith Carmen.. two very differnt options. Only modification I'll do is the KAB damper.. liked it on the PLX1000 a lot. Not sure where I'll go for the phono pre yet.. might try a tube based?
If you do not mind used look for a EAR 834P. Tim knocked it out of the park on that one.

I don’t have nearly the breadth of experience as some here, but I love my SoundSmith dearly.

I don’t have nearly the breadth of experience as some here, but I love my SoundSmith dearly.
Which one do you have again? I remember reading your posts previously about it but can't recall the model?

Looks like they have open box and demo for a $700+ discount, making it the same as the ART9XI basically.. interesting..
Rebuild cost is $350.

I will say that I attempted to buy an Open-Box cart and they had already sold it, so they offered me a brand-new cart for $100 more. This seems to be a common occurrence, and I can't say whether it's bad inventory management or something else. But I've never received equipment from HiFi Heaven that wasn't exactly as promised.

Rebuild cost is $350.

I will say that I attempted to buy an Open-Box cart and they had already sold it, so they offered me a brand-new cart for $100 more. This seems to be a common occurrence, and I can't say whether it's bad inventory management or something else. But I've never received equipment from HiFi Heaven that wasn't exactly as promised.
The rebuild price is awesome and a huge plus. Thanks for the heads up on HFH.. I feel like I remember reading about that somewhere, maybe you've discussed it previously on here. Kinda why i'm skeptical about one actually being in stock and am not buying anything else until it has shipped. lol

The rebuild price is awesome and a huge plus. Thanks for the heads up on HFH.. I feel like I remember reading about that somewhere, maybe you've discussed it previously on here. Kinda why i'm skeptical about one actually being in stock and am not buying anything else until it has shipped. lol
Hey, if you can get one brand new for $600 off, nothing to sneeze at.

Back