The Technics Turntable Fan Club - Questions, Advice, Discussion

Amazon, unfortunately, has it as an exclusive over here, so that’s probably the place to keep an eye on for it.
I did not know it was an Amazon exclusive. Thanks for the info. Probably better to just look elsewhere. I am sort of stuck on wanting a semi-automatic. I know I can get a lifter to add on to other tables but considering that I never installed the Q-up on my Project, I’d rather have an OEM solution.

All I have is time, lol.

So a few weeks later, I have about 10 hours of playtime and I have noticed that the sound has really opened up on my system. The Grado Platinum3 is seemingly an excellent match and very musical.

As to the Technics, it is definitely a tank and an improvement in every way over my old uTurn. Very happy with it.
35-50 hours on the Grado things will really open and smooth out. Keep the stylus clean, Rich.G recommends something like the little mofi brush.

I’ll join in on the fun, just go this new 1500c in from Crutchfield today!

6C4C20D5-7384-4189-A870-6A4F2472C43F.jpeg

Not going to say I’m joining the Technics club, since the turntable I grew up with was an SL-DD22, and I’ve also had a 1700 MK1 for the last 5 years which is now on office duty, as well as troublesome SL-1200 MK1 which is now in storage. This is the best deck I’ve tried though, and is a clear upgrade over those two, especially in speed stability. I love the sleek look and the blend of a 1200 style button array with auto-lift. Great deck, just wish I’d bought it sooner rather than dumping $$ to try to get better performance out of the old servo models.

Heinous, but despite the hi-fi chops the MK7 is mostly marketed at the DJ market, and this is still better than that Red Bull edition. For a while that was the only Technics consistently in stock at shops... wonder why 😂😂

Hmm really? I thought it was about $1300 with shipping. I figured for that price stick with the 1500-c. Also, unfortunately with a house remodel I have no “fun” funds.

They have a few Used and Open box ones listed right now. The shipping will likely bump it up a little from that though.

Got my SL-1210GR today. Bought a Funk Firm APM-1200 glass composite platter mat at the same time.

Got it all set up and roughed in the VTA. I’ll measure later. But I’m close with good old math.

And…..I’m impressed. I’m using the same cartridge that I had on the MoFi.

The two sound different, but both are great choices.

So about the G…I wonder how much better it could be. At the same time, the GR sounds so good that I don’t care.
5A286FDB-5963-4A8E-99D5-05782AD29EBF.jpeg

Still to come is a KAB damper. Should be here Wednesday.

Back