The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

I'll throw some quick thoughts out there. It's a tough movie to form my opinion on, because there is the undercurrent of real death just below the surface of most scenes, and out in the open on others. Had they just showed one picture of Chadwick Boseman I would have been verklempt, so it's hard for me to separate how effecting the movie was and how much emotion I brought to the theater with me.

Pros:
-Great acting throughout. Especially Angela Basset
-Expertly done emotional scenes that don't linger too long, but don't push aside Boseman's character
-Had me thinking about the idea of loss after the movie was over
-Satisfying ending
-Important Mid-credits scene

Cons:
-About 30 minutes too long.
-Unnecessary sub-plots/characters (only shoe-horned to feed into future films)
-Too much CGI in the fights (my big pet peeve from the first Black Panther as well)
-A little boring

Overall I had a good time and it was not too much to bear emotionally, so I'll check it out again when it comes to Disney+.

I finally saw it tonight!
And definitely cried. As expected.

I agree entirely with your preface and your Pros and mostly with your cons.

I feel like they really nailed the humour level for this one too - it felt like just the right amount peppered throughout and not so much that it detracted from the emotional heft of it all.

Very pleased and will certainly be watching this one again - hopefully at least once more in theatre.

Better late than never, the family and I are getting quality time with Harley Quinn. Seems an odd choice for my wife and (older) kids and I to bond over, but here we are halfway through season 2 in the span of a week. Besides Peacemaker, what else is good on the HBO DC hub? Is Doom Patrol worth a watch?

Better late than never, the family and I are getting quality time with Harley Quinn. Seems an odd choice for my wife and (older) kids and I to bond over, but here we are halfway through season 2 in the span of a week. Besides Peacemaker, what else is good on the HBO DC hub? Is Doom Patrol worth a watch?
Love that Harley Quinn show. And yes, big recommendation from my wife and I on Doom Patrol. She loves it. I kind of enjoyed the first season of Titans but didn't stick with it. Doom Patrol is great though. Excellent cast and lots of funny weird stuff.

My only regret with canceling my Crave was not re-watching the first two seasons of Doom Patrol, then checking out the third. It's magnificent! Never really been a Brendan Fraser fan until Doom Patrol.

I also enjoyed season 1 of Titans well enough, but haven't kept up.

My only regret with canceling my Crave was not re-watching the first two seasons of Doom Patrol, then checking out the third. It's magnificent! Never really been a Brendan Fraser fan until Doom Patrol.

I also enjoyed season 1 of Titans well enough, but haven't kept up.
Not a fan of the Mummy? The first two movies were fantastic. And his take on George of the Jungle was worth a high number of rewatches when my kids were little.

Blast from the Past is still an interesting movie too. I rewatch it every couple of years.
With a nice Rob Roy to sip while you watch. I really liked Blast from the Past and Encino Man back in the day but it's been ages since I've watched them.

School Ties and Blast from the Past are worth checking out I think

Back