The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

and somehow aged in real time even though it's an important plot point that time moves really quickly in the quantum realm.

I think it's more that in the quantum realm time is more of big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff whose properties depend on what the plot needs at any moment. A kind of Jeremy Bearimy situation, if you will...

Looks like James Gunn is taking a Kevin Feige type role at DC. This can only be a good thing, and will hopefully provide more consistency in their releases.

I'll throw some quick thoughts out there. It's a tough movie to form my opinion on, because there is the undercurrent of real death just below the surface of most scenes, and out in the open on others. Had they just showed one picture of Chadwick Boseman I would have been verklempt, so it's hard for me to separate how effecting the movie was and how much emotion I brought to the theater with me.

Pros:
-Great acting throughout. Especially Angela Basset
-Expertly done emotional scenes that don't linger too long, but don't push aside Boseman's character
-Had me thinking about the idea of loss after the movie was over
-Satisfying ending
-Important Mid-credits scene

Cons:
-About 30 minutes too long.
-Unnecessary sub-plots/characters (only shoe-horned to feed into future films)
-Too much CGI in the fights (my big pet peeve from the first Black Panther as well)
-A little boring

Overall I had a good time and it was not too much to bear emotionally, so I'll check it out again when it comes to Disney+.

Thought the Guardians holiday special was fantastic overall.

Some thoughts:

• Best part was Mantis & Drax on Earth. A great comedic duo, especially with the Christmas Props.
  • Drax putting the beat down on a Go-Bot.
  • Loved the throwback to Ralph Bashki animation style for the Yondu portions
  • A few confusing parts - like how did the Guardians end up running Knowhere, and Mantis just casually dropping that she and Starlord are brother and sister.

Thought the Guardians holiday special was fantastic overall.

Some thoughts:

• Best part was Mantis & Drax on Earth. A great comedic duo, especially with the Christmas Props.
  • Drax putting the beat down on a Go-Bot.
  • Loved the throwback to Ralph Bashki animation style for the Yondu portions
  • A few confusing parts - like how did the Guardians end up running Knowhere, and Mantis just casually dropping that she and Starlord are brother and sister.
I agree. But why the f was Kevin Bacon singing? Did not like.

Back