The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

You say that yet Cap, Spiderman, Dr. Strange, Hulk, and others all faced Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet.
Yep. In the early 90’s Jim Starlin came back to Marvel, and was given the Silver Surfer book, which quickly became one of their top sellers, and he was soon given the opportunity to helm a crossover event. Thanos was Jim Starlin’s attempt at a creating a Darkseid analogue, which then became his signature villain in his books (Captain Marvel and Warlock, specifically).

That is to say that was all those guys first or second time facing Thanos (after Avengers Annual 7), whereas Kang was a FREQUENT visit. For a while there in the Celestial Madonna saga they were basically seeing him or one of his variants every month.

Sorry if I nerded out there I’m a wee bit drunk

Last edited:
So, went to see the marvels and it was lots of fun. Great Chemistry between the protagonists
iman vellani is the scene stealer in this movie. She's got great comedic timing , gets thee best lines and really works a lot with just facial expression. Surprisingly, I found the action scenes much more interesting than in recent movies. I'm kinda bored with near-invincible heroes and villains beating at each other for endless minutes. This movie had this as well but the body switching brought something new to the table.
The pre-credit scene with it'siron man spoof was lotsof fun and i'm interestedto see where they take the young avengers. The mid-credit scene was fun but did not hype me such as others. Maybe I did not get some things because I'm not a big comic book nerd ( and did not know Binary). While it's fun seeing kelsey Grammer as beast again, what the scene establishes is not mut more than what the last spider-man already did. Saying, all the movies that wherebefore the mcu are now also part of themcu albeit in parallel universes in the multiverse. And we can bring them in whenever we like by creating portals

Last edited:
I also finished Loki and noticed one thing that shakes the whole multiverse up
did anyone notice gat when Sylvie plays velvet undergrounds loaded in the record store in ep 5, she clearly starts the record with the first song and it plays "oh! Sweet nuthin'". So is she really in a bizarre parallel universe where vu changed the track order of gheir records. Do variant collectors in the mcu have to travel through the multiverse to not only get colour and cover variants but also tracklist variants? This opens whole new storylines for the mcu

I also finished Loki and noticed one thing that shakes the whole multiverse up
did anyone notice gat when Sylvie plays velvet undergrounds loaded in the record store in ep 5, she clearly starts the record with the first song and it plays "oh! Sweet nuthin'". So is she really in a bizarre parallel universe where vu changed the track order of gheir records. Do variant collectors in the mcu have to travel through the multiverse to not only get colour and cover variants but also tracklist variants? This opens whole new storylines for the mcu
I think the only thing we know for certain is that
Discogs contributors will fight over how to catalogue it.

Well I guess either we're getting a new Kang or Doom will just blow him away and take over.

Professor Hulk: Look at these readings! I'm getting footage from the multiversal probes I sent out!

Ant Man: Wait, is that that Kang guy I just spent a whole movie fighting instead of getting up to my usual lower-stakes fun and hijinks?

Professor Hulk: I guess so, I never met him. Anyway, there's some kind of multiverse storm and he's gone now.

Ant Man: So all that was for nothing?

Professor Hulk: I guess so, I wasn't there or anything... Anyway, want a taco?

Phases 4 and 5 will be hereon referred to as the "gas leak phases."

60b.gif

Echo is a pretty good miniseries. Spotlight Releases that are not so much connexted to the bigger mcu storylines might be a way to di some interesting storys
I liked that about it. I feel like they're all trying too hard to link everything. More things like this is needed. I don't really agree its too woke or whatever people are saying. I thought the ending was too anticlimactic though.
Kingpin is kinda a lame villain in this one, he was more menacing in Hawkeye.

I feel like this is a franchise that Marvel just needs to leave in the past but that cast is pretty strong.

Bunch of great actors but they all seem like an odd fit for this project. That image makes me wonder if they're going to go for some kind of highly stylized retro-futuristic aesthetic somewhere along the lines of what WandaVision was doing.

Back