The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

Not a Batman fan? or a fan of Superman (1978)?

I gotta buckle down and finally watch The Flash. It's crazy that it took till 2023 to get a big-budget Flash film...even Aquaman beat him to the punch. I want to support it, even if that means supporting Ezra Miller.
DCEU* :)

I really enjoyed Ms. Marvel, and hoping to see the Marvels this weekend. Still have yet to watch Loki S2 but heard good things about that as well.

Very stoked for The Marvels and hope I can get to it this weekend too. Also haven't watched Loki s2, but my old boss keeps texting me and raving about it, which has me looking extra forward

Last episode of Loki made me wish MCU would focus more on finding the fun of the scenario and letting characters exist and share what they’re thinking/feeling. That episode was a joy and it didn’t come from 25 minutes of CGI fighting against a villain.

Yea, im definitely seeing The Marvels opening weekend, if only to combat all the anti-women and POC neckbeards who hate the movie before ever seeing it.

I'm a huge Carol fan, she's my favorite solo-hero, and seeing her become so prominent these past several years have been both a blessing and a curse. Also love Kamala, although im still not sold on them changing her powerset. And of course Monica's fantastic. Hoping for a grand 'ol time.

We have Friday night tickets for The Marvels. I'm not anticipating this one to do well at the box office which only feeds the incels and people who shit on representation breaking up the boys club. I just want a fun movie. Honestly, maybe the MCU era just needs to end and give way to something else. Also enjoying Loki but the Multiverse is really starting to make me lose interest. I am glad to hear there is talk of pivoting away from Kang to Dr. Doom. Make sense with the FF4 being the next franchise they will take on.

Damn, Twitter is spoiling the credits stinger hard. Beware.

Glad I'm not on Twitter, but that sucks nevertheless!

I'll be seeing it just under 2 hours from now. Later than ideal, but the wife is working extra late and the turnaround to make an early show would be cutting it too close and I tend to get time stress for scheduled things, so the later show is the path of least resistance.

The Marvels was super fun. Exactly the vibe I'd hoped for and wanted. Iman Vellani is an absolute delight!

Mid-credits scene is absolutely worth the price of admission.

There is no post-credit scene, just an audio stinger that's not necessarily worth staying for unless you enjoy the credits themselves.

I look forward to discussing things further once a few more of y'all have seen it!

It was fun. Saw it last night. It felt the most like a comic book brought to life as a movie that the MCU has done in a while.

The mid-credit was the chef's kiss.

That said, I'm ready for a break from the MCU movies. They really have to figure out what they want to do. We're not getting anything further outside of Disney+ shows until Deadpool 3 next year. That's the only MCU movie next year.

Last edited:
It was fun. Saw it last night. It felt the most like a comic book movie that the MCU has done in a while.

The mid-credit was the chef's kiss.

That said, I'm ready for a break from the MCU movies. They really have to figure out what they want to do. We're not getting anything further outside of Disney+ shows until Deadpool 3 next year. That's the only MCU movie next year.
They need to wrap up this MCU phase leaving much of the baggage behind and move on to Fantastic 4 and/or X-Men.

They need to wrap up this MCU phase leaving much of the baggage behind and move on to Fantastic 4 and/or X-Men.
The good thing is most of what's coming up is Earth based. Sam's Cap movie, Thunderbolts, Deadpool 3, the Echo and Agatha series. I think Feige erred by not slowing things down after Endgame and making it about what happened to the world post-blip. The power grabs, the human crisis of half the population suddenly returning. They started to touch on it during the Bucky and Falcon show but fumbled that away with a cheap budget. WandaVision had a little bit with Monica's storyline. It then went full multiverse which could've been cool but not after Thanos. Kang just isn't scary because as Dr Strange 2 showed, the stakes are super low now since everyone is pretty disposable in the multiverse. The Loki season 2 was great but more because those characters were great. I think the pause is exactly what the MCU needs.

The good thing is most of what's coming up is Earth based. Sam's Cap movie, Thunderbolts, Deadpool 3, the Echo and Agatha series. I think Feige erred by not slowing things down after Endgame and making it about what happened to the world post-blip. The power grabs, the human crisis of half the population suddenly returning. They started to touch on it during the Bucky and Falcon show but fumbled that away with a cheap budget. WandaVision had a little bit with Monica's storyline. It then went full multiverse which could've been cool but not after Thanos. Kang just isn't scary because as Dr Strange 2 showed, the stakes are super low now since everyone is pretty disposable in the multiverse. The Loki season 2 was great but more because those characters were great. I think the pause is exactly what the MCU needs.
For a while when it seemed like Majors’ casting as Kang could be in jeopardy, I thought that if they ended up dumping him it would be a clever pivot for them to just be like “We’ve all portaled into a parallel universe where the next Avengers movies are actually about Galactus, so all this post-Endgame shit is now non-canon. Especially Eternals. Suck it.” That would honestly be just about the closest they could actually hew to how Marvel & DC have had to periodically retcon everything every few years just to reestablish continuity.

It’s such a bummer, because Kang is really the quintessential Avengers villain. Thanos was more of a creation for Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock to face, Doom for the FF; Kang ultimately feels like everything the Avengers were formed to defeat. It’s a damn shame the “Kang era” of the MCU is panning out the way it is.

But I’m still supporting it where I can, seeing The Marvels tomorrow.

It’s such a bummer, because Kang is really the quintessential Avengers villain. Thanos was more of a creation for Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock to face, Doom for the FF; Kang ultimately feels like everything the Avengers were formed to defeat. It’s a damn shame the “Kang era” of the MCU is panning out the way it is.

I still think with multiverse stuff in the air it really shouldn't be very hard to recast the character.

You say that yet Cap, Spiderman, Dr. Strange, Hulk, and others all faced Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet.

Back