The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

I think I'm probably in the minority but I didn't really like Doctor Strange 2 all that much. It might be my least favorite Marvel film so far.

I think I'm probably in the minority but I didn't really like Doctor Strange 2 all that much. It might be my least favorite Marvel film so far.
I really liked it. I know it has its flaws, and it was a pretty hard turn for Wanda from WandaVision, but I had a blast. Especially the second half when it went full-Raimi.

I really liked it. I know it has its flaws, and it was a pretty hard turn for Wanda from WandaVision, but I had a blast. Especially the second half when it went full-Raimi.

Yeah. There are some good moments but overall I was kind of bored, and I think my wife actually fell asleep, which I've never seen her do at a movie before.

Damn. I thought it was one of the better things to come out of Phase Four so far. Though I have to be honest, at this point with the MCU, it sometimes feels like I'm watching season seven of a TV show that's gone on too long. Multiverse of Madness was a bit of a diversion from the usual formula, which I appreciated, but I kind of feel like the franchise is a bit aimless right now. I'm sure they're working up to something, but even the early MCU films before the Thanos stuff felt more focused than the current crop.

Damn. I thought it was one of the better things to come out of Phase Four so far. Though I have to be honest, at this point with the MCU, it sometimes feels like I'm watching season seven of a TV show that's gone on too long. Multiverse of Madness was a bit of a diversion from the usual formula, which I appreciated, but I kind of feel like the franchise is a bit aimless right now. I'm sure they're working up to something, but even the early MCU films before the Thanos stuff felt more focused than the current crop.
It's going to be interesting to see if they find another encompassing storyline leading up to something like endgame because the multimeter could also be prone to just branching out to an anything goes (it could always be an alternative iniverse)

It's going to be interesting to see if they find another encompassing storyline leading up to something like endgame because the multimeter could also be prone to just branching out to an anything goes (it could always be an alternative iniverse)
There seems to be speculation that the next big MCU event they're leading up to is an adaptation of Secret Wars, though it could be a long time before they actually get to that. They're definitely setting up the multiverse as a big deal so it will be interesting to see where they take it

Kang the Conqueror
should be the new Big Bad villain and is supposed to be introduced as such in the Ant Man and Wasp movie next year. He was previously introduced in
Loki as He Who Remains
. It's going to pale in comparison to Thanos but with the wackiness of the Multiverse, it could be handled really well. I wish DS2 would've introduced
Mephisto
. It will be interesting to see who the villains turn out to be in movies such as The Marvels and Black Panther 2. There has to be a unifying player in the background that the movies would work towards. Feige said recently that they're mapping out the next 10 years of the MCU so I think he'll have a good plan in place. They need to get the Fantastic 4 up and running so we can get a proper Dr Doom and Galactus.

Watched Morbius. It was as good as microwaved fish. In the postcredits scene Spiderman is mentioned, but I watched it on a less than reputable site cause I wasn't going to pay money for microwaved fish.

Jared Leto is a creep and also not a good actor.
but ❤️ Jordan Catalano ❤️ was a dreamboat…
61DFA762-B42A-490F-9FFB-7618DDD11323.gif

Happy to see Fables getting a new run. On a read through of the original series now, and picked up issue 151 for when I've completed it. Glad to see they were able to get Mark Buckingham back for the art on it, that was a big part of the original draw for me for the series.

Woah! I didn't know this was happening. I was just contemplating selling or gifting all my Fables stuff, now I might have to reconsider...

Woah! I didn't know this was happening. I was just contemplating selling or gifting all my Fables stuff, now I might have to reconsider...
Its a 12 issue series. Plus Bill recently did a Bigby & Batman limited series that I've been meaning to read too. I've got a box full of fables stuff that I had to sort through for my reread. My favorite are the one pagers they would hand out at SDCC to everyone that went to the Fables panel. Like this one that foreshadows the second half of the run:

Just watched Eternals. Not as terrible as everyone said. Could have been better, but it was entertaining. More so than Morbius for damn sure.

I like the space stuff, so I kinda hope it gets a sequel because that could be better. Also the valet got the best lines.

Just watched Eternals. Not as terrible as everyone said. Could have been better, but it was entertaining. More so than Morbius for damn sure.

I like the space stuff, so I kinda hope it gets a sequel because that could be better. Also the valet got the best lines.
I enjoyed it more the 2nd time too👍🏻

30 minutes shorter probably would've done wonders - especially if that reduction gave us less Jolie and less Robb Stark. But yeah, all in all nowhere near as terrible as many have said.

Back