The Sound of Science - audiolab 6000 Series and beyond!

I'd read some things about the reader (or loading mechanism) scratching some discs, so I'm curious about that. Will definitely be starting off with some throwaway CD-Rs. I'm assuming you haven't had that experience?
No I have not had that experience. As for the front-loading mechanism scratching discs I haven't yet noticed that but what I do know is the reader has no problem whatsover reading scratched CDs 💿 🤷‍♂️

Gotcha!

I'm considering the MX-VYNL. I found a new one locally for $950 so I'm tempted 🤔

It’s a brilliant phono stage if you can get it for a good price. I do really love mine. Opens up plenty of options of better cartridges going forward too if that interests you.

Anything below €800, which is roughly $1,150CAD, is a fair price for it new from what I’ve been seeing recently. Hit me up if you have any questions before, or after, you get it.

It’s a brilliant phono stage if you can get it for a good price. I do really love mine. Opens up plenty of options of better cartridges going forward too if that interests you.

Anything below €800, which is roughly $1,150CAD, is a fair price for it new from what I’ve been seeing recently. Hit me up if you have any questions before, or after, you get it.
Here in Canada they retail for $1050 so I'd be saving $100 🤷‍♂️

Here in Canada they retail for $1050 so I'd be saving $100 🤷‍♂️

$100 is better in your pocket than theirs! They seem to have had a bit of a bump here. Or it could be currency stuff with Brexit etc. They’re in or around that €800 now. It was about €100 less when I bought mine, but that was also nearly 4 years ago and because pre Brexit I got it from England rather than local.

Do you think he’s got cheap booze in that cup?

Supermarket own brand Polish vodka. The sort of lighter fluid booze you’d buy as a student for a frighteningly low amount of money and then mix with the strongest flavour juice you could find. Except he’s sipping it neat from his mug.

It’s my only explanation for whatever that was…

Calculators aren’t cheap enough for him…

Also was he really drunk when he made that video?
Drunk. Gotta be.

1. WTF, over? I know he’s the Cheap Audio Man, but come on. SMH

2. The vacuum tube Fonzie or Fuzzy or whatever uses a tube I’ve never heard of. Apparently neither has Google. And the filaments seem awfully bright, like how many volts are running through these mystery tubes anyway? At best it’s a tube buffer design, at worst, they aren’t even in the circuit at all, they just light up (a lot) to look “cool”.

3. His system works differently from any other I’ve ever seen. According to him, the signal goes from the phono stage to the power amp then the line stage. Interesting. I wonder how that sounds. 🤣🤣🤣

That’s three. Three. 🤣🤣🤣

And that’s where I quit. I hope people don’t actually take advice from this dude. Unfortunately I’ll bet they do.

Drunk. Gotta be.

1. WTF, over? I know he’s the Cheap Audio Man, but come on. SMH

2. The vacuum tube Fonzie or Fuzzy or whatever uses a tube I’ve never heard of. Apparently neither has Google. And the filaments seem awfully bright, like how many volts are running through these mystery tubes anyway? At best it’s a tube buffer design, at worst, they aren’t even in the circuit at all, they just light up (a lot) to look “cool”.

3. His system works differently from any other I’ve ever seen. According to him, the signal goes from the phono stage to the power amp then the line stage. Interesting. I wonder how that sounds. 🤣🤣🤣

That’s three. Three. 🤣🤣🤣

And that’s where I quit. I hope people don’t actually take advice from this dude. Unfortunately I’ll bet they do.

-$59.99 for tube gear? In that small a form factor and that light. Totally not buying it.

That guy would annoy me if he was on point but he’s annoying, he’s wrong and he’s constantly losing his train of thought, it’s infuriating to watch.

Back