The Sound of Science - audiolab 6000 Series and beyond!

The CA CD500 I mentioned above is plugged into an original NAD 3020 Series 20 which makes the Baby Advents sing particularly sweetly.
Baby Advents - I remember those!! I recommended them for a college friend for his first system. I think he still owns them after all those years!

Yes they are stackable as long as the amplifier is on top and no more than two units underneath, as the amp is the heaviest component. It's the rule of three if you will.
I have always had pretty good luck using Vibrapods under my cd transports over the years (California Audio Labs, McIntosh). Just a tip. have a fun weekend breaking everything in!

Last edited:
First impressions of the 6000A:

Build quality is top-notch! This kit is very robust and built to last. I love the minimalist look of the 6000A.

The front controls are well designed and easy to use. The mode function allows you to use it as a dedicated pre or power amp giving you the option to upgrade further down the road.

I really like the auto shut-off function, where the amp shuts itself down after 20 min of inactivity (no signal).

The 6000A is a very capable class AB integrated amp that sounds good out-of-the-box. It punches well above its price point ⬆️👍 In other words it's an unbelievable value for the dollar 💵👏

The overall sound quality is very good. The presentation is clean, neutral, and well balanced. Plus the bass response is very tight and well defined👌 The clarity and detail is also remarkable. Pair it with warm sounding loudspeakers such as the Lintons, the lack of midrange warmth and colour becomes a non issue.

The built-in DAC is equally impressive, producing a high level of playback quality.

As for the phono stage on the 6000A, I've yet to try it. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Wow this DC block is remarkable in reducing all electrical hums interference in the mains filter (not that it was really audible to begin with), especially when playing music, but now it's dead silent! 😳 The soundstage is free of all artifacts, and the sound is cleaner, crisper and more detailed too!

Wow this DC block is remarkable in reducing all electrical hums interference in the mains filter (not that it was really audible to begin with), especially when playing music, but now it's dead silent! 😳 The soundstage is free of all artifacts, and the sound is cleaner, crisper and more detailed too!
black background ?

Back