The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

The animals in my village were saying how there would be a meteor shower tonight.
I'm seeing shooting stars constantly right now.
Didn't know this was a thing so I had to google what to do
Wish on lots of stars! Your beach will be littered with them in the morning.

Edit: also works for visitors! They'll get some on their beach the next day.

Wish on lots of stars! Your beach will be littered with them in the morning.

Edit: also works for visitors! They'll get some on their beach the next day.
Is there a specific thing you need before you do this? I didn’t even know it was a thing.

I’m still behind most here. I just paid off my first house and now I’m getting a bigger one, visited some islands and brought back bamboo and coconut trees, and invited two or three other animals to live here.

Is there a specific thing you need before you do this? I didn’t even know it was a thing.

I’m still behind most here. I just paid off my first house and now I’m getting a bigger one, visited some islands and brought back bamboo and coconut trees, and invited two or three other animals to live here.
Nope, I think it's just one of those random occurrence things depending on your daily weather. On extra clear nights, there's a chance for meteor showers. Just got to be on when it's dark out in-game.

So I found out you can only get one non native fruit on mystery Islands. For me that's oranges, with apples being my native fruit.

I already have some peaches too, so that means I'm going to have to visit other players islands to get pears & cherries..

So I found out you can only get one non native fruit on mystery Islands. For me that's oranges, with apples being my native fruit.

I already have some peaches too, so that means I'm going to have to visit other players islands to get pears & cherries..

I have oranges peaches and apples growing in mine..still need pears and cherries then:(

I have oranges peaches and apples growing in mine..still need pears and cherries then:(

We started with apples but also have pears, peaches, bamboo, and coconuts of course. Still need oranges and cherries.

Our island only has pears, but we brought back two coconut trees to see if they'll grow some coconuts. So far, no coconuts.

Finally got enough of everything to get the store built, so that'll be there tomorrow morning. Tried looking at the stars tonight but nothing seemed to really be happening, so we gave up.

Had the most intense island adventure tonight. There's a way to encourage a lot of tarantulas generating. Clear the entire island of trees, weeds, and rocks. Pick all the flowers and drop everything on the beach then scour the island. May not work on every island but did on the one with a waterfall in the middle and a small pond on the left side of the map. My wife caught a stringfish and three oarfish doing this earlier in the day.

20200328_223628.jpg

Our island only has pears, but we brought back two coconut trees to see if they'll grow some coconuts. So far, no coconuts.

Finally got enough of everything to get the store built, so that'll be there tomorrow morning. Tried looking at the stars tonight but nothing seemed to really be happening, so we gave up.

It will take a few days for those coconuts to grow again.

Here's a tip though... If you eat fruit, it gives you enough strength to dig up an entire tree and you can replant it exactly the way you found it. So, we've now been digging up fruit trees in full and transporting them to our island. You don't have to wait for it to grow, and it will still have fruit on it if that's how it looked when you dug it up.

It will take a few days for those coconuts to grow again.

Here's a tip though... If you eat fruit, it gives you enough strength to dig up an entire tree and you can replant it exactly the way you found it. So, we've now been digging up fruit trees in full and transporting them to our island. You don't have to wait for it to grow, and it will still have fruit on it if that's how it looked when you dug it up.
Ah yeah that’s what we did but had already shook the coconuts off the trees...

I bit the bullet and bought the game. As I mentioned prior— I adored the GameCube version. That said, I’m worried I’m gonna be underwhelmed after sinking hours and hours into Stardew.

Regardless, here is my friend code. I also enjoy (and am mediocre at) Kart and Smash

Attachments

• DB7CB3E4-F177-49B7-B05C-E7DE62BFEB3B.jpeg
    DB7CB3E4-F177-49B7-B05C-E7DE62BFEB3B.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 3
Back