The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

Grrrr..........watching my daughter play this since launch. Always been one of those gamer's who enjoyed "farming" and such...........you guys, and her are making me itchy to pick up a switch just for this game, lol

Last edited:
Grrrr..........watching my daughter play this since launch. Always been one of those gamer's who enjoyed farming ans such...........you guys, and her are making me itchy to pick up a switch just for this game, lol

Could you create a second account on your daughter's game?

We apparently have a meteor shower in our town tonight
Actually, my son also has a Switch and told me to use his, since he doesn't play AC...........my question is, IF id decided to get a system Standard or Lite (@Crabbers , lol), would I be able to move my game to the new system from his or will it be tied to his account? If I start and then find out I can't move my progress, I'll have to kill someone, lol

Add me to the group of people that have yet to find a Stringfish. So much bait used to no avail.

Could you create a second account on your daughter's game?
LOL, we would be fighting over who's gonna play................not to mention the damn thing is sold out everywhere near by and or that I can use PayPal with (6 months no interest ;) )

Actually, my son also has a Switch and told me to use his, since he doesn't play AC...........my question is, IF id decided to get a system Standard or Lite (@Crabbers , lol), would I be able to move my game to the new system from his or will it be tied to his account? If I start and then find out I can't move my progress, I'll have to kill someone, lol

The island is tied to the console itself.

The island is tied to the console itself.
Yeah, what kvetcha says. No cloud saves even, so I think transferring progress is off the table.

Damn sturgeon and stringfish🤬🤬🤬
There’s an island thats super easy to find sturgeon on. I’ll see if I can find the YouTube video. I was lucky and was able to get a sturgeon totally randomly on my own island. String fish took me about an hour and 30 bait.

EDIT: Here is the video, it’s a little long (20ish mins) cause it’s a let’s play but you can play it at 1.5 speed or skip around. Some really good info in here.

Last edited:
Our campsite opened today and apparently you HAVE to accept the first camper you get. And that's Phil ...

View attachment 38444

He ugly. I don't want Phil.
You do?

I got to the dialogue where the camper was saying he wanted to move to my island, with both answers for me being "you should move here" and I just quitted the game without saving..

I was hoping there would be a new camper tomorrow?
Now I'm not sure anymore 😕

You do?

I got to the dialogue where the camper was saying he wanted to move to my island, with both answers for me being "you should move here" and I just quitted the game without saving..

I was hoping there would be a new camper tomorrow?
Now I'm not sure anymore 😕

I looked online and it said you are forced to take the first camper who shows up. After that, it's up to you (and amiibo support gets unlocked).

Let us know if he's still there when you play tomorrow.

I looked online and it said you are forced to take the first camper who shows up. After that, it's up to you (and amiibo support gets unlocked).

Let us know if he's still there when you play tomorrow.
I did some research and it indeed looks like you're forced to accept him, so I went ahead and did it.
Guess I'll just ignore him and hope he'll leave...

On the bright side, I can now sell plots of land and visit mystery islands with possible villagers on them.
So now it's time to waste some miles on finding the right villagers 😅

Maybe I can open our gate later... Still missing oranges and cherries here.
I'm trying to get into the habit of keeping my gate open when my wife and I arent playing together, in case anyone ever wants to stop by. All my fruit is currently picked, but I would gladly trade oranges and cherries when they grow again for some peaches.

Back