The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

So how does one get all the colors of the mushroom platforms and shell? Are they a customization thing, or do I need to find people on islands that have other colors available to trade with?

They can be customized. As far as I know the mushrooms and shell are the only Mario items you can do that with. Just use customization kits.

They can be customized. As far as I know the mushrooms and shell are the only Mario items you can do that with. Just use customization kits.

Yeah it's just the two platforms and the shell...my catalog app updated with the new items finally, and I saw there were color variations of those and wanted to make sure I didn't need to start hunting for people to trade with in order to get them all.

Also, has anyone heard when these items will stop being available? I read somewhere today that they might actually stay in the store forever? Would be nice if that's the case so I can stop trying to strategize what I want to order.

EDIT: Also I just shot down a shamrock wand DIY from a balloon...hadn't seen a wand listed in any of the pages I've seen about Shamrock Day, so figured I'd let y'all know in case it's time-limited

Last edited:
Yeah it's just the two platforms and the shell...my catalog app updated with the new items finally, and I saw there were color variations of those and wanted to make sure I didn't need to start hunting for people to trade with in order to get them all.

Also, has anyone heard when these items will stop being available? I read somewhere today that they might actually stay in the store forever? Would be nice if that's the case so I can stop trying to strategize what I want to order.

EDIT: Also I just shot down a shamrock wand DIY from a balloon...hadn't seen a wand listed in any of the pages I've seen about Shamrock Day, so figured I'd let y'all know in case it's time-limited

Nice. I don't think I've seen a shamrock wand yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mario items stick around. There's no expiration date listed.

yeah, i got the shamrock wand diy today as well. shamrock outfit items were in ables, too.

Also there are items you can purchase through nook shopping app, I think it rotates between one of three items each day. I forgot about them until I'd already reached my 5-item limit for the day

Sanrio Amiibo's "live" at Target. Ordering is a cluster. Get them in your cart and just smash the order button til it works or boots them out of your cart

I got one pack after trying for almost an hour. Trying to secure one for my sister-in-law who is devastated that she can't get one and she doesn't handle things like this well.

They're also apparently selling in store which they shouldn't be doing based on the instructions. So that's another try, but it's a zoo. I grabbed two, one for my mother who similarly isn't going to do this hunt. At least the cards should be shareable.

They're also apparently selling in store which they shouldn't be doing based on the instructions. So that's another try, but it's a zoo. I grabbed two, one for my mother who similarly isn't going to do this hunt. At least the cards should be shareable.

I've seen that some stores switched to in-store pickup because the website was so overloaded

I've seen that some stores switched to in-store pickup because the website was so overloaded

Well, I put an order for two in, and they both were deemed OOS an hour and a half after getting an order confirm and they are not being fulfilled. So Target, gotta love 'em.

I'll Etsy it if I gotta have 'em. Maybe they'll do a re-run of these or I'll just buy something unofficial if I have to get something. Not a huge deal, kinda silly that Target is still bungling releases like this after years.

I'll Etsy it if I gotta have 'em. Maybe they'll do a re-run of these or I'll just buy something unofficial if I have to get something. Not a huge deal, kinda silly that Target is still bungling releases like this after years.
Yeah, my gf really wanted them and I didn't want to deal with the headache anymore of having them in my cart and then it saying everywhere near me is out of stock. As much as Target fumbled this it all goes back to Nintendo putting false scarcity on digital goods.

Totally, it's a mixture of Target issues (this was supposed to be online only, pick up in store only. Stores definitely sold their allotment in person and the web system was borked), Nintendo issues (there's absolutely no reason this should be limited or Amiibo cards shouldn't be in every Target/Walmart/etc. across the country), etc. Like honestly, just let people order the Sanrio stuff as a $5 DLC or make it a free event.

I don't really blame the B&M Target folks, it's a thankless job with bad instructions and they get so much crap from collectors and gamers that they're just doing their best. I am going to guess instructions on this were poor at best or people there browbeat the underpaid electronics desk folk.

This makes me realize how little I miss the ridiculous stress/hustling of the collector/gaming nut world. Records are relatively calm in comparison.

Gonna need to grab that Brewster plush since I've lost hope of getting him in the game😔

Most Targets get a random assortment of AC plush from the New Leaf era. We've bought a few, including Reese, Cyrus, Fauna, and now Brewster. They also usually have Tom Nook, Isabelle, KK and Porter.

And for what it's worth, I think we'll get Brewster in year two.

Back