The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

Happy Festivale! Can someone help me with something? If I have this correct, I can trade 3 rainbow feathers to Pave for a rainbow furniture item...but also I can instead just use rainbow feathers to customize a piece of a different color (and therefore not use as many rainbow feathers overall)? Is that right? Or is customizing the only way to get the rainbow furniture, and trading to Pave only works for the other colors? I haven't yet gotten 3 rainbow feathers to test it out.

EDIT: Ok so I caught some more feathers and was able to figure it out...you only need to give one rainbow feather to Pave to get a rainbow item, as opposed to the 3 you need to give for a different color. So it's cheaper to get the items from Pave than to get a different color and customize it to rainbow (at least for the stuff that needs more than 1 feather to customize)

Last edited:
Happy Festivale! Can someone help me with something? If I have this correct, I can trade 3 rainbow feathers to Pave for a rainbow furniture item...but also I can instead just use rainbow feathers to customize a piece of a different color (and therefore not use as many rainbow feathers overall)? Is that right? Or is customizing the only way to get the rainbow furniture, and trading to Pave only works for the other colors? I haven't yet gotten 3 rainbow feathers to test it out.

EDIT: Ok so I caught some more feathers and was able to figure it out...you only need to give one rainbow feather to Pave to get a rainbow item, as opposed to the 3 you need to give for a different color. So it's cheaper to get the items from Pave than to get a different color and customize it to rainbow (at least for the stuff that needs more than 1 feather to customize)

Yeah. That sounds right. I'm enjoying the event so far but it's definitely time consuming. I would assume that after getting all of the rainbow items from Pave that he'll then give you a final item or DIY.

Yeah. That sounds right. I'm enjoying the event so far but it's definitely time consuming. I would assume that after getting all of the rainbow items from Pave that he'll then give you a final item or DIY.

After you get 9 items from Pave, he will make you bring him 3 rainbow feathers and give you the float in exchange. And that continues with every 10th item being a float. I just finished getting all of the colors of all the items, and 13 rainbow feathers for if I want to customize later on, and I ended up with 4 floats. Definitely time consuming, though, and I'm glad I'm done....and also glad I had been buying the pieces in Nook's during the lead-in to the event, so I didn't have to worry about getting the green furniture.

One good thing, though, is that if you give him 3 of a certain color, he will give you a furniture piece you don't yet have that color for, so you don't get duplicates for a certain color until you have everything. Also, if you haven't figured this out yet, when you trade with villagers, if you give them a bundle of 3 feathers, you get 3 back.

Also as far as I can tell, if you have rainbow feathers in your inventory, he'll make you use those for trading. And if you're at the 10th item/float stage, you can't get any other furniture pieces until you get the float.

Can you guys help me understand the Mario items announced yesterday? I understand I will have to purchase the items (assuming they will be available for a limited time only) , but i want to know if these items will disappear from use?

I guess I want to know if they will be seasonal or if I get it all in the available time frame , I have it for life ?

Can you guys help me understand the Mario items announced yesterday? I understand I will have to purchase the items (assuming they will be available for a limited time only) , but i want to know if these items will disappear from use?

I guess I want to know if they will be seasonal or if I get it all in the available time frame , I have it for life ?

The video refers to the items as furniture, so I don't think they're consumable, but I'm guessing you'll have to buy them during a certain window of time before they go away, and you won't be able to reorder them through the nook app after the fact, like with other seasonal stuff that pops up in the store. But as long as you get them within the time frame I expect you'll have them forever. Of course I could be wrong!

The video refers to the items as furniture, so I don't think they're consumable, but I'm guessing you'll have to buy them during a certain window of time before they go away, and you won't be able to reorder them through the nook app after the fact, like with other seasonal stuff that pops up in the store. But as long as you get them within the time frame I expect you'll have them forever. Of course I could be wrong!

No. You're correct. You'll be able to buy them starting March 1st. But because they are in the Nook shopping, you'll only be able to buy five a day. So hopefully they stick around awhile. Once you buy them, they are yours to use forever.

So when do all the Mario updates happen and how do they happen? I barely played yesterday but there was a new update, and I got a Mario-themed wall in the mail from Nintendo.

So when do all the Mario updates happen and how do they happen? I barely played yesterday but there was a new update, and I got a Mario-themed wall in the mail from Nintendo.

I was wondering if that's what the mushroom wall I got was about, but didn't look too hard into it. Looks like the content goes live on March 1:

Back