The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

Man these snowboys are so annoying that I can't even stop to appreciate how cute they are.

Halloween event: "you need candy for this thing. If you forgot to get some from Nook's, don't worry, just go trick or treating at your villager's house!"

Thanksgiving event: "you need these ingredients. Don't have them? No worries, ask a neighbor!"

Snowboys: "You must build a perfect specimen within a millimeter, and have your construction certified by two architects and approved by the zoning board. Also if you hit a tree you're shit out of luck. Deal with it."

I finally made a snowboy yesterday after trying and failing multiple times. I guess it wasn’t “perfect” but I still got a cool recipe and a large snowflake.

oh man don’t get me started on the fine art of picking up things.

“oh, i want this thing right in front of me but i’m going to remove the giant furniture item just to my left instead”

pretty sure this has been a problem in every ac game i’ve played, so clearly it’s me that’s the issue here.
Ugh. Yes, I definitely wanted to pick up the large item that is always there, and not the fruit I just now shook from the tree.

Also: I need something to do with all these damn ornaments.

Also also: Snow boys can get bent.

Update on my snowboy journey...after talking a bunch of shit about the "roll for x seconds" method, I tried it the other day because I didn't have room for a path, and it worked! Then I tried again the next day, and it worked again! So I'm gonna keep trying that...plus it makes much smaller snoyboys than the path method does, which is a refreshing change of pace. Roll one of them for 17 seconds, and the other for 12. I just pick a part of the rolling sound effect, and count it looping 17/12 times, and the trickiest part is making sure the second one is close enough once you get to 12 so you can just push it onto the first ball immediately after.

I have found one (1) christmas diy in the 15 or so balloons I've popped in the last few days. Anybody want to spare me the fun and craft some of the stuff for me? Or drop off some of the diys if uou have extra?

I have the holiday candle, illuminated present, jingle wall, ornament mobile, ornament wreath (which I think everyone has?), and tabletop festive tree, if you need me to make any of those for you. Of course all of the DIYs I *really* want I haven't found yet.

Update on my snowboy journey...after talking a bunch of shit about the "roll for x seconds" method, I tried it the other day because I didn't have room for a path, and it worked! Then I tried again the next day, and it worked again! So I'm gonna keep trying that...plus it makes much smaller snoyboys than the path method does, which is a refreshing change of pace. Roll one of them for 17 seconds, and the other for 12. I just pick a part of the rolling sound effect, and count it looping 17/12 times, and the trickiest part is making sure the second one is close enough once you get to 12 so you can just push it onto the first ball immediately after.

I have the holiday candle, illuminated present, jingle wall, ornament mobile, ornament wreath (which I think everyone has?), and tabletop festive tree, if you need me to make any of those for you. Of course all of the DIYs I *really* want I haven't found yet.
Whoa I only have the ornament wreath. I did get a great snowflake recipe though for this massive ice tree.

Whoa I only have the ornament wreath. I did get a great snowflake recipe though for this massive ice tree.

Yeah that's one benefit of my WFH setup...my workspace is facing my TV, so I just keep the game up for big chunks of the day with my controller on the desk to shoot down presents whenever I hear them

And the ice tree is the only snowflake recipe I can see myself actually making...well that and the pillar, but that tree is pretty sweet

Yeah that's one benefit of my WFH setup...my workspace is facing my TV, so I just keep the game up for big chunks of the day with my controller on the desk to shoot down presents whenever I hear them

And the ice tree is the only snowflake recipe I can see myself actually making...well that and the pillar, but that tree is pretty sweet
Yeah to be fair I haven't had tons of time to play lately, but this week...I have all the time.

Yeah, the frozen snack tray isn't super appealing

i’ve only recently discovered that ‘dreaming’ is a thing and you can go to random user islands, so i’ve been checking out some. today i randomly got sent to FlavorTown (lol) and when i looked around i realized this island has the same exact terrain as mine. the rock formations on the beaches are a bit different (though the pier and airport are in the same location), but the main island terrain is exactly the same save for some terraforming here and there. also funny to me is they put their NON-F’ING-MOVABLE resident services building in the same location i did. i guess i thought there’d be little chance that people have nearly identical terrain.

i’ve only recently discovered that ‘dreaming’ is a thing and you can go to random user islands, so i’ve been checking out some. today i randomly got sent to FlavorTown (lol) and when i looked around i realized this island has the same exact terrain as mine. the rock formations on the beaches are a bit different (though the pier and airport are in the same location), but the main island terrain is exactly the same save for some terraforming here and there. also funny to me is they put their NON-F’ING-MOVABLE resident services building in the same location i did. i guess i thought there’d be little chance that people have nearly identical terrain.

The game gave you a few options for island layout when you first created it, and I think those are the only options available. So if there are six layouts, then that means that 1 in 6 people probably have a similar island to yours.

The dream suite was something that was included in New Leaf on the DS and it was added to New Horizons in one of the updates.

interesting. mine wasn’t on that screenshot assembly, but i found it here:

that site shows 40 or so types. mine is

1609108675089.jpeg

i guess it’s been so long since starting the game that i forgot we even chose. i just assumed it was (mostly) randomly generated.

Finally caught a sea pig! That damn thing's been avoiding me for months!

Also, following up on my toy day post from a while back...lemme know if you're down to have an island visit sometime to swap color variants of the various toys! I have my island's colors of all of them, and then a few others here and there from whenever I was on someone else's island and had the opportunity to buy something. I can also just order stuff for you and send it to your island if you don't want to visit, I've got more bells than I know what to do with.

Back