The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

man, i just have no desire to let any of my villagers, all original, go to acquire others. while i like some more than others, i don’t dislike any of them. is there any game benefit for cycling through villagers, like nook miles awards or new catalog items becoming available?
Each has a photograph you have to earn by chatting and giving them gifts. You can also get individual character posters by using them as photo models on Harv's island.

Each has a photograph you have to earn by chatting and giving them gifts. You can also get individual character posters by using them as photo models on Harv's island.

And my wife and I pretty much dump our villagers once we both receive their photo. We only have a couple that I would never want to leave.

man, i just have no desire to let any of my villagers, all original, go to acquire others. while i like some more than others, i don’t dislike any of them. is there any game benefit for cycling through villagers, like nook miles awards or new catalog items becoming available?

Each personality type has certain DIYs they'll give out, so it could be worth making sure you have at least 1 of each personality type, but tbh I haven't noticed all that much difference...I haven't gotten a new recipe from any of them in months, aside from the halloween recipes

Wait you can catch a snowflake? I was thinking it was possible but nothing was happening. So far it’s only snowed once and none of it stuck.

My daughter said she was okay with Flora leaving, but then she cried.

The dung beetles are fucking with my snowballs. I have a crazy upsidedown snow dude now, because I was trying to get a snowball a dung beetle was stealing.
I tried putting the smaller one on top and it wouldn't budge, so I went to move the larger one and it popped on top. D:

The dung beetles are fucking with my snowballs. I have a crazy upsidedown snow dude now, because I was trying to get a snowball a dung beetle was stealing.

I haven't even seen any dung beetles yet

yeah, i’ve acquired the photos and posters over time here. the photos actually get used as part of my sacrificial ritual room in the basement:

21AEA6F4-E185-4ED6-8553-0E14CE712BD0.jpeg

and the posters surround my boxing gym attic:

A0ED647B-AC7A-4D71-A1E3-ABCEA13D9E3B.jpeg

Each personality type has certain DIYs they'll give out, so it could be worth making sure you have at least 1 of each personality type, but tbh I haven't noticed all that much difference...I haven't gotten a new recipe from any of them in months, aside from the halloween recipes

thanks for this- i did check and thankfully i have every type.

i love flora. her positivity is infectious, and being called her ‘bestie’ is a nice feeling.

I push the smaller ball into the larger, and they both just keep rolling. I go around to try to separate them, and an accidental nudge pops there larger ball onto the smaller and the fucking snow boy starts ridiculing me.

I push the smaller ball into the larger, and they both just keep rolling. I go around to try to separate them, and an accidental nudge pops there larger ball onto the smaller and the fucking snow boy starts ridiculing me.

These snowboys are stressin' me out, I spent a bunch of time yesterday making one of those pathways that I kept seeing on the internet to ensure a perfect one (because even though I don't really care for the frozen recipes, I am neurotic and need ALL THE DIYS), and it took me FOREVER. First they kept rolling into trees, then beetles kept trying to steal them, then I found out the bottom one was too close to another object, so when I rolled the top to it, it just kept rolling (which is, I think, the problem you had too).

tl;dr: I just want to get the full DIY set so I can stop caring and just make a bunch of silly bois

Are we able to get another try if we restart our game immediately before it can save? Has anyone tried that?

I’m only 1/4 on the snow boys. Don’t know why I only got it perfect once, I feel like I’m making them the right size every time.

The first one is supposedly always perfect, regardless of what it looks like. Beyond that, it's so picky. I used the "path method" here to get a perfect one yesterday, but honestly not sure it was worth all the time it took...

The first one is supposedly always perfect, regardless of what it looks like. Beyond that, it's so picky. I used the "path method" here to get a perfect one yesterday, but honestly not sure it was worth all the time it took...

Oh thank fuck these things go till late Feb. I'm less stressed about it now.

Back