The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

Yesterday when I logged on Isabelle said we had the first snow of the year...but I didn't see anything. Turkey Day was fun though and I would actually like a little more time without snow before it changes over to that season completely.

Last edited:
No snow on our island yet but we have the blue kid's tent at the Cranny. I think they're like the surfboards where each island has a different color.

Villagers can apparently start dropping hints today about what they want for Toy Day so pay attention.

I haven't played much the last couple months, but I'm trying to get back into it. It's snowed on my island twice this month, and I keep hearing the "catch a snowflake" chime, but I don't see any that are catchable. Anyone catching snowflakes?

I haven't played much the last couple months, but I'm trying to get back into it. It's snowed on my island twice this month, and I keep hearing the "catch a snowflake" chime, but I don't see any that are catchable. Anyone catching snowflakes?

I think they only appear when you have snow that's sticking to the ground. I keep having snow, but it's just coming down and making another million flowers grow, but there's no snow on the ground yet. I think I heard that we're supposed to have snowy islands on the 15th?

Also, for anyone reading this...is there any interest in getting together after toy day to catalog each other's toy day items? I hate when the game only has island-specific colors available, and I want all of the tents and doll houses and puppies!

I think they only appear when you have snow that's sticking to the ground. I keep having snow, but it's just coming down and making another million flowers grow, but there's no snow on the ground yet. I think I heard that we're supposed to have snowy islands on the 15th?

Also, for anyone reading this...is there any interest in getting together after toy day to catalog each other's toy day items? I hate when the game only has island-specific colors available, and I want all of the tents and doll houses and puppies!
God, both of my islands are drowning in flowers. And thanks, I wondered if that was the case. I won't work about it until next week then. ❤️

I would be down for a catalogswap!

Snow should stick to the ground tomorrow (I think!)

I'd be down for a catalog swap. I'm off work this weekend. My wife and I have been trading the Toy Day items with my sister-in-law so we have two color variants for most of the items.

Snow should stick to the ground tomorrow (I think!)

I'd be down for a catalog swap. I'm off work this weekend. My wife and I have been trading the Toy Day items with my sister-in-law so we have two color variants for most of the items.

Yep, was just coming to say I just saw on Reddit that snow is actually tomorrow instead of the 15th!

i would be up for a swap, too, if i’m able.

anyone have good turnip prices these next couple days? i bought for the first time in a few weeks and lo and behold picked the wrong week to do that.

I like that Anabelle looks like my favorite Pokemon, Sandshrew!

Ha I like Annabelle for that same reason!

I'm down to one villager left that I'd be okay with replacing...Teddy's been stubbornly squatting on my island for months, but my other nine are all villagers I don't think I can bring myself to let go of. The other day Stitches asked if he should leave and I actually said "HOW DARE YOU" out loud to the TV.

Went to like 40 islands yesterday and settled for Anabelle as my new villager. Ran into the same damn gorilla 3 times and I want a refund on my Nook Miles tickets! I like that Anabelle looks like my favorite Pokemon, Sandshrew!
Anabelle & Purrl are the last two mandatory villagers we're hunting. Derwin suddenly moved in after the first day, so I kinda regret passing on Frita, Snooty, and Hornsby 🙃

Anabelle & Purrl are the last two mandatory villagers we're hunting. Derwin suddenly moved in after the first day, so I kinda regret passing on Frita, Snooty, and Hornsby 🙃
Anabelle wasn't even on my radar, tbh. I've been keeping my dreamies list pretty concise, but three times now I've settled for alternatives because after 40–50 islands I'm ready to throw my Switch in the trash.

Muffy was my first settle, and she's who just left. Missed my last chance to fill a spot when Bill finally peaced, so Astrid invited themself and I'm still nowhere closer to having Julian, Coco, and Lucky. Cherry, my other settle, has been a pleasant surprise though! Almost settled for Hopper yesterday, but he was originally my backup dreamy to Aurora and I got her first so I'm set on penguins. Kidd was my other "maybe I will" yesterday, but I already have Sherb, and he is perfect.

Anabelle wasn't even on my radar, tbh. I've been keeping my dreamies list pretty concise, but three times now I've settled for alternatives because after 40–50 islands I'm ready to throw my Switch in the trash.

Muffy was my first settle, and she's who just left. Missed my last chance to fill a spot when Bill finally peaced, so Astrid invited themself and I'm still nowhere closer to having Julian, Coco, and Lucky. Cherry, my other settle, has been a pleasant surprise though! Almost settled for Hopper yesterday, but he was originally my backup dreamy to Aurora and I got her first so I'm set on penguins. Kidd was my other "maybe I will" yesterday, but I already have Sherb, and he is perfect.

I love Cherry! I was so sad to let her leave my island, but she was one of my starters so it had to happen eventually

man, i just have no desire to let any of my villagers, all original, go to acquire others. while i like some more than others, i don’t dislike any of them. is there any game benefit for cycling through villagers, like nook miles awards or new catalog items becoming available?

Back