The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

How's everybody doing with the pumpkins so far? My wife and I kind of staggered the planting, so we have some showing up almost every day now. That being said, we still haven't had any green ones yet, although I haven't played today yet.
Planted a ton, got a few and made some stuff. On our first planting of a bunch, we got every color. But I now realize I should have made our pumpkin patch bigger. So I might add a second one somewhere else on the island. I'm enjoying it a lot, but I hope there are more recipes than what I have seen.

How's everybody doing with the pumpkins so far? My wife and I kind of staggered the planting, so we have some showing up almost every day now. That being said, we still haven't had any green ones yet, although I haven't played today yet.

I added a second group yesterday, because my main patch didn't yield any yellow ones. Apparently each plant will just keep growing the same color, so unless you swap them out for new starters you'll keep not getting green ones. My plan is to see what the second patch yields, and hopefully can swap out some of my main plants with ones that'll grow yellow.

Last edited:
I added a second group yesterday, because my main patch didn't yield any yellow ones. Apparently each plant will just keep growing the same color, so unless you swap them out for new starters you'll keep not getting green ones. My plan is to see what the second patch yields, and hopefully can swap out some of my main plants with ones that'll grow yellow.

Apparently though, once you pick a certain color pumpkin, you can plant that again and grow the same colors somewhere else. Or at least that's what I saw on YouTube.

Planted a ton, got a few and made some stuff. On our first planting of a bunch, we got every color. But I now realize I should have made our pumpkin patch bigger. So I might add a second one somewhere else on the island. I'm enjoying it a lot, but I hope there are more recipes than what I have seen.

Yeah. We made an initial pumpkin patch with 20-ish sprouts and then I ended up planting a few more the next day around my house. Still no greens. I'm not in a huge rush, but I would like to get some eventually.

Apparently though, once you pick a certain color pumpkin, you can plant that again and grow the same colors somewhere else. Or at least that's what I saw on YouTube.

ooooh, good to know, I hadn't thought to try that

Turns out my decreasing week was actually a big spike- if you still need to sell, turnips are 403 this afternoon. I'm not currently online, but shoot me a message if you need to sell.

Turns out my decreasing week was actually a big spike- if you still need to sell, turnips are 403 this afternoon. I'm not currently online, but shoot me a message if you need to sell.
Worked out to your advantage, since you ended up selling for more than that!

I've got a ton of extra DIYs cluttering up my beach. So many, in fact, that I decided to spend the time to list them out. I bolded a few that are seasonal or are related to the Ironwood set that people are usually on the lookout for (including a cutting board!). If you want one/some/all of them, let me know! Otherwise, I'll just sell them to Timmy and Tommy later this week. I also have lots of extra items on my beach if anyone wants to come browse through and take stuff, or I can work on making a list of that stuff too if anyone would like it.

• Bamboo Candleholder
  • Bamboo Drum
  • Bamboo Speaker
  • Cardboard Sofa
  • Cutting Board
  • Decoy Duck
  • Gold Armor
  • Gold-screen Wall
  • Golden Seat
  • Grass Standee
  • Iron Armor
  • Iron Garden Bench
  • Iron Garden Chair
  • Iron Hanger Stand
  • Ironwood Bed
  • Jungle Flooring (x2)
  • Log Bench (x2)
  • Log Garden Lounge
  • Music Stand
  • Natural Square Table
  • Orange Wall-mounted Clock
  • Peach Chair
  • Peach Umbrella
  • Peach Wall
  • Pear Dress
  • Pear Hat
  • Pear Umbrella (x2)
  • Pear Wall
  • Pile of Leaves
  • Pine Bonsai Tree (x2)
  • Rocking Horse
  • Rose Bed
  • Rustic-stone Wall
  • Spooky Tower
  • Tiny Library
  • Tree's Bounty Lamp
  • Unglazed Dish Set
  • Wooden-block Bed
  • Wooden-block Bench
  • Wooden-block Chest (x2)
  • Wooden-block Stool
  • Wooden Chest
  • Wooden Double Bed
  • Wooden Low Table
  • Yellow-leaf Pile

i'll probably play a bit tonight, i'd come by and grab some stuff if you don't mind.

just got to 5 stars for the first time and a lily of the valley. i'd expected this to take a lot longer, so that was a pleasant surprise.

I've got a ton of extra DIYs cluttering up my beach. So many, in fact, that I decided to spend the time to list them out. I bolded a few that are seasonal or are related to the Ironwood set that people are usually on the lookout for (including a cutting board!). If you want one/some/all of them, let me know! Otherwise, I'll just sell them to Timmy and Tommy later this week. I also have lots of extra items on my beach if anyone wants to come browse through and take stuff, or I can work on making a list of that stuff too if anyone would like it.

• Bamboo Candleholder
  • Bamboo Drum
  • Bamboo Speaker
  • Cardboard Sofa
  • Cutting Board
  • Decoy Duck
  • Gold Armor
  • Gold-screen Wall
  • Golden Seat
  • Grass Standee
  • Iron Armor
  • Iron Garden Bench
  • Iron Garden Chair
  • Iron Hanger Stand
  • Ironwood Bed
  • Jungle Flooring (x2)
  • Log Bench (x2)
  • Log Garden Lounge
  • Music Stand
  • Natural Square Table
  • Orange Wall-mounted Clock
  • Peach Chair
  • Peach Umbrella
  • Peach Wall
  • Pear Dress
  • Pear Hat
  • Pear Umbrella (x2)
  • Pear Wall
  • Pile of Leaves
  • Pine Bonsai Tree (x2)
  • Rocking Horse
  • Rose Bed
  • Rustic-stone Wall
  • Spooky Tower
  • Tiny Library
  • Tree's Bounty Lamp
  • Unglazed Dish Set
  • Wooden-block Bed
  • Wooden-block Bench
  • Wooden-block Chest (x2)
  • Wooden-block Stool
  • Wooden Chest
  • Wooden Double Bed
  • Wooden Low Table
  • Yellow-leaf Pile
Would love the recipe for the spooky tower if you dont mind

i'll probably play a bit tonight, i'd come by and grab some stuff if you don't mind.

just got to 5 stars for the first time and a lily of the valley. i'd expected this to take a lot longer, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Sure thing! I'm about to leave the apartment for a bit to exercise but I'll be back in a little while and can log on anytime after that.

Would love the recipe for the spooky tower if you dont mind

Same to you...or since we've played together before I can just add you as a friend and mail it to you if that works better.

Sure thing! I'm about to leave the apartment for a bit to exercise but I'll be back in a little while and can log on anytime after that.

Same to you...or since we've played together before I can just add you as a friend and mail it to you if that works better.
Yeah mailing works well! However, If that doesnt work I can always pop by your island

i may be in a large spike week, i’ll find out tomorrow. if so, spike would be in afternoon so i’ll let y’all know prices when i know.

A friend of mine got a new Switch and tried to transfer his old island over but found out that he had never turned on the island backup 🤦🏻‍♂️ and so he lost the whole thing. And he's been playing since day one. So, make sure you have that turned on in your settings. AC doesn't use the cloud backup data like most games do.

Good to know! that really sucks
A friend of mine got a new Switch and tried to transfer his old island over but found out that he had never turned on the island backup 🤦🏻‍♂️ and so he lost the whole thing. And he's been playing since day one. So, make sure you have that turned on in your settings. AC doesn't use the cloud backup data like most games do.

Back