The Return of the Challenge Thread - December 2019

Alright.. So over a week of a nasty cold, and a trip to Edmonton later.. Here I am for my final pick. Wish I could have got this out earlier, but a few things got in the way..

Day 31 - The End
It's the end of the decade, play your favorite album or reissue released in the last 10 years - 2010-2019

Alright so @Wicked Dreamer snagged my pick for Album of the Decade with Kendricks To Pimp A Butterfly.. An amazing album that sums up so many things the decade had to offer in an amazing way! So because I don't wanna double down on a pick here, I'll go with the reissue route with..

Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West (2014 Glacial Pace Reissue)

IMG_20200115_172138_300.jpg

So this isn't the craziest reissue ever, it's very simple yet incredibly authentic to the Original Pressing. 2LP, Two Jackets, Matching Track Listing to the Original. But this is something I never thought I'd have..
I remember Isaac teasing everyone years back online and in interviews saying the masters were gone/destroyed/lost and it'd never be reissued. The OG press was VERY high in price, so when this was announced I was suuuper excited. It was actually the first album I had ever preordered. It's also one of the first records i ever bought new and not used (started collecting around 2011/2012)

So needless to say this album means alot to me, and I think this reissue sound marvelous, package is great, and I have a strong connection with it. I also love that it's still in print, cheap, and overall just awesome. So cheers to the best album I've ever heard/discovered in the last 10 years and an authentic reissue (y)

February is Nigh...

Back