The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

IMG_4736.jpeg

I love Adele and this album. The singles were inescapable and for a good reason. Side b definitely rappers off a bit but not enough to bring the project down for me.

I’m assuming 25 is also in this book, which honestly is the one I prefer. But 21 has definitely earned its place in history and this book

View attachment 201902

I love Adele and this album. The singles were inescapable and for a good reason. Side b definitely rappers off a bit but not enough to bring the project down for me.

I’m assuming 25 is also in this book, which honestly is the one I prefer. But 21 has definitely earned its place in history and this book
25 is my least favorite.

5/6/24
1714968875508.jpeg
The Who - Live at Leeds

According to wiki, this is the standard track listing:
Side one

1. "Young Man Blues" (Mose Allison) – 4:52
  2. "Substitute" – 2:23
  3. "Summertime Blues" (Jerry Capehart, Eddie Cochran) – 3:27
  4. "Shakin' All Over" (Johnny Kidd) – 4:24
Side two

1. "My Generation" – 14:47
  2. "Magic Bus" – 7:50

My wife, quite correctly, thinks they are a strange band.

What does Daltrey do when Pete’s singing?

Last edited:
Hot take time. I think Daltrey is a top
Ten male rock vocalist.
Trying to think who else would fall into this category that might also be ranked in the top ten:

Freddie Mercury
Chris Cornell
Robert Plant
Ozzy Osbourne
Elton John
Roy Orbison
Prince
Layne Staley
Jeff Buckley
Steven Tyler
Meat Loaf
Steve Perry
Rob Harlford
Daryl Hall
George Michael
Michael Hutchins

I don’t know where any of them would rank but Rog would be in the conversation for sure.

I think Pete has more gravitas…. So I agree with you soul wise. Daltrey is just a great voice though.

You know lots of my main guys - Neil Young, Lou Reed, Mark Lanegan, Tom Petty, etc...

I go for the emotional connection over the technical performance most every time.

That said, this is Roger's emotionally sublime moment...

Back