The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

I never liked it particularly but then the 7 million condescending pricks who’ve since tried to explain to me that I actually don’t know what I like and must really be kidding myself and love this indisputable masterpiece have made me hate it with a passion.
describes me and OK Computer until about ten years ago:

I never liked it particularly but then the 7 million condescending pricks who’ve since tried to explain to me that I actually don’t know what I like and must really be kidding myself and love this indisputable masterpiece have made me hate it with a passion.

But have you listened to it while watching The Wizard Of Oz? 😉

Why would I ruin such a classic film 😉

Also no to whilst under the influence of (insert substance of choice here).
I do like it, but I have been belittled by a lot of fans over the years for saying I prefer The Wall. And even Animals and A Saucer Full on many days.

The Wall laser show at the Planetarium will always be a defining moment in my childhood, then again once I discovered drugs in my early twenties.

Sepultura - Arise
I never could get into Sepultura when I was younger, and a lot more into thrash metal. They definitely leaned hard into the hardcore punk roots of thrash, which I do like because as we all know, hardcore rules.

Some good songs here, Arise, Dead Embryonic Cells, Desperate Cry and some forgettable ones too, but overall a decent album and despite what people say, a good follow up to Beneath The Remains.

Chaos A.D. is better, though!

3 / 5 stars.

3/13/2023
f654bea617079cd7e68be4544cbb557bebb93919

Maxwell - Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite

Allmusic Review:

RIYL Playlist:

Updated scores, Tribe is still in first (although both Aretha and Kiwanuka have higher scores, but they won't be official till next week - fairly certain Kiwanuka will change. Aretha is probably the new front runner.)

Eno is currently our least favorite.

Michael Kiwanuka - Kiwanuka

OK, looks like I'm gonna be the detractor here. Really wanted to like this based on everyones comments, gave it a few spins this weekend but it just couldn't find an connection to it. Will have to revisit it since it should be right up my alley. 2/5

Man, that Maxwell album came out the year my first daughter was born. I am an old... anyhow:
a r&b hang out record. Acension is still one of the best songs of the past 30 years. His voice is silky smooth. The height of neo-soul.

5 stars

It harkens back to Marvine Gaye and Al Green, just effortlessly amazing.

3/13/2023
f654bea617079cd7e68be4544cbb557bebb93919

Maxwell - Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite

Allmusic Review:

RIYL Playlist:

I can't remember who in my family got this when it came out, but my mom and sister played it a lot that year. It is a phenomenal album and it was really enjoyable to hear this one again. 4.5/5

Back