The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

This is an outstanding album that I am sure some of you have never heard, which makes me jealous. I had been a fan of Kiwanuka since his first album, but this was a whole other thing. One of my most played records.

I only just got this on vinyl for my birthday, but it was my #1 album of 2019 (a new artist discovery for me then) and my CD and Stupify have both seen a ton of action on this one. The vinyl only once so far - but it hasn't even been a month yet. This is also the first one in the group project to double up from my personal one. 5/5. Again. And always.

This is an outstanding album that I am sure some of you have never heard, which makes me jealous. I had been a fan of Kiwanuka since his first album, but this was a whole other thing. One of my most played records.
I first heard it when one of the tracks played over the closing credits of a season one episode of Atlanta. I remember enjoying it and downloading it but I probably shoot revisit it.

Yeah another great album. Really loved this and was one of the best of 2019 for sure. I probably just about prefer Love & Hate overall as an album but both it and this are really top drawer and there is nothing much between them!

Also inflo really is involved in so much good music coming out of Britain right now!

The whole point of the group project is to have a feel for the forum’s thoughts on these albums! You’re not messing anything up.

If the joking bothers you, I am happy to stop. I do not mean them to be hurtful. In much the same way we rub @Mather over everyday being his birthday or all his records are bowls (but not the dungeon, we KNOW that’s real) or I’m dumb or how @Joe Mac is a former child chimney sweep…. It means you are one of us!

The whole point of the group project is to have a feel for the forum’s thoughts on these albums! You’re not messing anything up.

If the joking bothers you, I am happy to stop. I do not mean them to be hurtful. In much the same way we rub @Mather over everyday being his birthday or all his records are bowls (but not the dungeon, we KNOW that’s real) or I’m dumb or how @Joe Mac is a former child chimney sweep…. It means you are one of us!
@jt4527

One of my favourite albums, but don't worry, I will no longer be participating in the group listen, so I won't mess up the numbers.
Bro, don’t mind @Lee Newman (or me for that matter). It’s nice to get other opinions. we are just a small tight knit community and like to take part in a bit of; what I think you Brits call,“banter”. Just tell Lee to fuck off. He won’t be offended. I apologize if anything I have said has offended ya. Don’t quit participating.

Bro, don’t mind @Lee Newman (or me for that matter). It’s nice to get other opinions. we are just a small tight knit community and like to take part in a bit of; what I think you Brits call,“banter”. Just tell Lee to fuck off. He won’t be offended. I apologize if anything I have said has offended ya. Don’t quit participating.
HEY YOU CAN’T TELL ME I WONT BE OFFENDED!!!

Wait, what are we taking about?

Oh, shittalk, yeah no, I won’t be offended.

Carry on!

Yes this but banter has become my trigger word.

It’s increasingly come to stand for “the lads” acting like offensive pricks saying the most offensive thing they can and then shouting banter or bantz and everyone is supposed to laugh…

All in for some good old fashioned piss taking though!

It’s increasingly come to stand for “the lads” acting like offensive pricks saying the most offensive thing they can and then shouting banter or bantz and everyone is supposed to laugh…

This is because he is offended by all my chimney sweep talk! Joe is and always will look like a young Dick Van Dyke to me.

I was just having this conversation with my SO the other day. She watches a lot of garbage reality TV and one of the shows she loves is Below Deck. It’s kinda like a shittier modern reality version on Downton Abbey on a mega yacht. Anyways on this show there was a British chef that was being a total dick to someone and every time he offended a fellow crew member he would always fall back on the “it’s only a bit of banter, mate” excuse. So I was saying that I feel like the term is way too often used as a cop out instead of what it’s actual intent which in my estimation seems to be a bit of a witty back and forth between pals.

Back